collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 348
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: British GP  (Read 1001 times)

Online Dare

British GP
« on: July 03, 2022, 10:28:50 PM »
I may have missed something but why was Carlos
pitted and not Charles.

Lewis drove a heck of a race. I thought he was going to
pull it off.

Why did they focus on the big Schumacher and Vettel duel
in the final laps instead of a great race among the leaders?

Sergio is showing he's a asset to RB and for me about the
most likable driver in F1

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online Jericoke

Re: British GP
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 02:28:47 AM »
I may have missed something but why was Carlos
pitted and not Charles.

Lewis drove a heck of a race. I thought he was going to
pull it off.

Why did they focus on the big Schumacher and Vettel duel
in the final laps instead of a great race among the leaders?

Sergio is showing he's a asset to RB and for me about the
most likable driver in F1

I assume that Ferrari split the strategy, pitting both drivers ran the risk of having both cars behind Hamilton.  I'm not sure why they picked LeClerc to stay on track over Sainz, it might have to do with where they were on track when the safety car was deployed.

I guess Lewis was right that the softs were the wrong tires.  I thought he'd get it too.

They were cutting back to the leaders whenever there was anything actually happening.  Showing another fight isn't so bad when there's more going on there.  I do think that F1 is pretty desperate for Mick to be 'the next Schumacher' to bring in fans, and Vettel has become very popular amongst the social media fans of F1.

I certainly didn't think Sergio would bring as much to RBR as he did last year, much less the step up he's provided this year. 

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 01:47:47 PM »
What I saw was Mick & Max racing. I think they were hoping to to show Max getting passed by a Haas.  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 02:30:57 PM »
All in all a very exciting British GP.
I was happy that Zhou was not hurt in his fast rollover accident. It was one for the books for sure.
There was some great dicing amongst cars all over the field which was a nice change from only DRS passing.
Carlos did a good job to get pole in a wet quali and then managed to actually win due to various factors, least of all Max having issues.
I watch on F1 TV and the version I have does not let me pause or rewind live TV (we are so spoiled when we have  DVR systems) so if I need to leave the room, I miss whatever action occurs. I left once and Max was in front from second then I left again and Max was in 6th. Not sure what happened to him to drop him that far.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 03:41:44 PM »
All in all a very exciting British GP.
I was happy that Zhou was not hurt in his fast rollover accident. It was one for the books for sure.
There was some great dicing amongst cars all over the field which was a nice change from only DRS passing.
Carlos did a good job to get pole in a wet quali and then managed to actually win due to various factors, least of all Max having issues.
I watch on F1 TV and the version I have does not let me pause or rewind live TV (we are so spoiled when we have  DVR systems) so if I need to leave the room, I miss whatever action occurs. I left once and Max was in front from second then I left again and Max was in 6th. Not sure what happened to him to drop him that far.

I was watching it on TSN, they were doing the 'live commercial' thing, where you get the sound from the commercial, and the race in mute in the corner of the screen.  I could see Max falling back, I could see they were reporting his radio, but had no idea what was happening.

Offline Monty

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 09:56:23 PM »
Ferrari made the point that if they sacrificed LeClerc’s track position it would provide everyone behind options.  Therefore, they split the strategy.
However, I think everyone else assumes that they just made a bad decision - again!
Perez did brilliantly but the safety car gifted him the position and possibly stole a good chance for Hamilton to win.

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 10:01:41 PM »
I thought the safety car hurt LeClerc more than anyone
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 06:35:46 AM »
F1TV showed some bit of graphite, possibly part of the diffuser, falling off the car. Max slowed way down (I imagine losing a good bit of downforce in the esses was pretty scary) and called the pits. They checked the car and reported the car was 5 points down on aero. He really didn't like it, wanted it fixed. When they finally convinced him there was nothing they could do about it, he settled down and made the best of it.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle