Fun Stuff > Competitions & Quizzes

2013 Advent Competition

(1/9) > >>

Wizzo:
So you think your tough enough to last 24 days of F1 related nonsense? You think you know your stuff? Think you're mentally stable? Think again! Welcome to the GPWizard Advent Competition 2013.

This year you must be a member to even see the questions, so if you're not a member then sign up now.

The Competition (Please read carefully)
Every day for the first 24 days in December a Question or Letter will be placed on the GPWizard Advent Calendar (navigation at the top of the page). Answers to the questions also represent a letter. i.e If the answer to a question = Jenson Button then the letter for the day will be either 'J' or 'B'. This will be clearly indicated on the day.

The aim is to collect 24 individual letters and rearrange them into a Christmas sentence.

Once you have the complete sentence you will need to PM me with your answer. It is in your interest not to post your answer on the site as members who have not been following the competition will all know your answer.

I will only accept answers received on 24th December.

If you miss a question or letter, then don't panic or give up. You can still try and complete the sentence, it will just be a little harder for you. There may even be a bonus letter days, (if you're lucky), where you can ask for a letter that you have missed. Any questions or comments? Please post them below for all to see.

If you can't see the advent button then you’re not a member – so join up and test your nerves!

The Prize
A genuine Ferrari Monaco Pit Crew Watch. Inspired by the fun and excitement of racing, the “Pit Crew” watch line features the iconic colours of the main Formula 1 GP. This quartz movement watch has a round 44 mm polycarbonate case, three hands, a chequered flag dial and is water-resistant up to 5 ATM. The silicone wrist strap features a Ferrari Shield shaped safety clasp. Furthermore, it comes with a 2-year international warranty.

The Rules
* One Question or letter will be placed on the advent calendar per day.
* Answers to each Question will represent a letter i.e if the answer is Jenson Button then the letter for the day will be either 'J' or 'B' as indicated on the day.
* The completed Christmas sentence must be sent via PM to me on 24th December - all submissions before or after this date will be dismissed.
* You may guess the sentence as many times as you like.
* If more than one correct entry is received then the winner will be chosen at random. I cannot accept the first correct answer given as this would be unfair due to the different time zones.

Good luck everyone...You'll thank me when it's over!

Wizzo

Important Legal Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed in this competition are mine, and not those of FOM or the FIA. I filled out form 19842-J - 'Request for Official Opinions', when I first started GPWizard, but it's only been seven years, so I don't expect them to finish processing the form for at least another two. Until then you're all stuck with my opinions.  Please do not abuse my opinions, I'm lucky to have them.

Oops I've just been informed that all opinions are Mrs Wiz's; I have none. (In my opinion.).

All rights reserved - but some wrongs are still available. This space available for rent. To keep milk from turning sour: Keep it in the cow.

Decision of judges is final. (I'm right; you're wrong). Smile. Tomorrow's question may be worse.  :D

John S:

Phew!  :swoon:  I've already got a working watch so no pressure here.  :D

Dare:
John my watch doesn't work but that's ok,
it's still right twice a day

Scott:
15 hours....of sanity left.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Ian:
 :yahoo:  Haha, I don't need a watch, my time is my own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version