F1 News & Discussions > F1 Teams

2022 F1 Car Launch Dates

<< < (3/3)

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on February 05, 2022, 10:59:07 PM ---From what I read it's artwork, not the actual car.

--- End quote ---

The 2022 artwork probably IS faster than the actual 2021 car...

Andy B:
I quite expect the cars that arrive for the first race to be quite different to those shown in launches.

cosworth151:
Haas, RBR & Aston Martin have all rolled out their new cars. Christian Horner said,  “I think by the time we get to the first race, the car’s not going to look very much like this."

What if the cars all of the teams are showing are made up of all of the bits that didn't perform correctly just to throw the other teams off the scent?  ;)

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on February 10, 2022, 02:54:21 PM ---Haas, RBR & Aston Martin have all rolled out their new cars. Christian Horner said,  “I think by the time we get to the first race, the car’s not going to look very much like this."

What if the cars all of the teams are showing are made up of all of the bits that didn't perform correctly just to throw the other teams off the scent?  ;)

--- End quote ---

In a pre cost cap world, creating a 'fake' car wasn't a big deal, but now, spending time and material to make something you're not going to use might be a bit of a problem.

But it's true, the cars have always 'evolved' over the course of the season, testing. 

lkjohnson1950:
According to Crash.net and Ultimate Car Page, Aston are the only team to reveal an actual 2022 car. R/B and Haas used "Show Cars". :DntKnw:

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/996279/1/aston-martin-takes-covers-allnew-f1-2022-car?utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Int&utm_source=Newsletter-66175

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version