collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Saudi Arabia  (Read 4331 times)

Online Dare

Saudi Arabia
« on: December 04, 2021, 09:41:30 PM »
It seems there was a one hour mistake in the starting
deadline for Qualifying. I apologize it was a honest mistake
and no I wasn't trying to rig the GG as a pm suggested. All the
person had to do was pm either Wiz or me with his pick.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

Re: Saudi Arabia
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »
Dare you do an exceptional job of running the Grid Game.

Human error happens and with the changes in F1 and the time differences I am surprised this does not happen more often. I am sure that most of the players of the Grid Game can appreciate that this website is provided free of charge and the Grid Game prizes cost me personally hundreds of pounds every year.

Dare provides his time, administrating the Grid Game, moderating it, paying attention to any changes in the F1 calendar and scoring every single race. Again, all this is provided for the benefit of the members by Dare - free of charge.

The Race Entry page states quite clearly "If you cannot access GPWizard or you know you will not be able to place your picks then we will accept your predictions via PM to Dare or email to info@gpwizard.co.uk at any time before the relevant deadline." A simple PM stating that the time appears to be wrong, here is my pole predication would have sufficed. Accusing the site of being rigged is just plain rude and unacceptable.

I can see that two other players missed the pole prediction and this may or may not of been due to the time being incorrect. In fairness to every player I am changing every players pole prediction to Hamilton.

Thank you Dare for your continued support and efforts in running the Grid Game for us all.

Wiz 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 11:13:28 PM by Wizzo »
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 01:54:38 PM »
Have to admit I found it strange that pole pick was shut early, however I just kicked myself for not getting a banker in on the day before and carried on entering the rest of my picks. After all our choices are a gamble, and I'm wrong as often as right.

Never for one minute did I think anything untoward was afoot, I subscribe to c*ck-up over conspiracy as a default. This is not meant as a dis to Dare but rather to compliment him on his unbiased honesty and tireless efforts to keep the GG running.  :good:

Big thanks too Wizzo, your GPWizard GG is probably one of the friendliest and easy to access on the web.  :yahoo:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 08:09:00 PM »
I never noticed!
I always try to get mine done early and being in NZ we are time wise ahead of everyone so if I miss it I miss it by hours.
Well Done Dare and Wizzo for the GG it enhances the racing and keeps us interested.
I must contribute too.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 08:23:07 PM »
I filled out my banker on Friday, got called away & apparently forgot to hit send.  :confused:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 08:48:01 PM »
I would also like to thank Dare and Wiz for providing the Grid Game. Having won several prizes I appreciate that the Wiz pays for them himself, especially since those prizes are quite valuable and he must put a lot of thought into selecting them. Thank you!  :yahoo:
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline Robem64

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 09:50:34 PM »
I'd also add my thanks to all those who tirelessly give their time to both maintain this website and also run the GG. I, for one, really appreciate it - clearly I'm not alone in this appreciation.  :good: :good: :good:
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle