collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 147
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Why F1 Should Stick With DRS...For Now  (Read 1179 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Why F1 Should Stick With DRS...For Now
« on: April 04, 2022, 10:54:11 AM »
New regs means cars can get close, however loss of that beautifully created slipstream when pulling out to pass seems too big a handicap currently - even on porpoising cars ahead - and especially when attempting a pass on same engined cars.
Mind you I'm in favour of shortening some DRS zones, overtaking should not be as easy as Lewis' run through the pack, even uphill :swoon:, in Brazil last year with his super fresh rocket power.  :nono:
Watch the vid and see what you think.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:56:41 AM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Why F1 Should Stick With DRS...For Now
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 01:47:03 PM »
I agree with him about the jury still being out on the matter. Right now, the new systems has produced two good races. Let's get a little more data before we start making changes.

I do want to see the return of refueling. The current cars are just way too big. Smaller fuel tanks would be one step toward helping that.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 04:51:43 PM »
I agree with Cos.
Although I do not like DRS I do not want it scrapped yet. These are still early days in the season as we have not hit any really challenging or difficult tracks yet.
I also would love to see refuelling come back as a strategy and to help reduce car size. The cars as they stand, are way too long and wide.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 03:49:42 PM »
I wholeheartedly agree with the refuelling.  I really miss the strategy calls that changed the weight and tire wear.  2.4sec pit stops bore me.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline rmassart

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 06:11:06 PM »
Personally, I'm not so keen on refuelling. I always thought it turned races into a series of two or three sprints. I might be wrong, but I think it is more challenging to deal with the change in weight of a car over a whole race rather than a third of a race.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 04:41:17 PM »
But you have to admit it allows for vastly different strategies, and personally I find it more interesting when a team uses a more creative strategy than simply the one or two stop race with a 5 lap window.  You can’t shake things up that way.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 09:25:30 PM »
I feel at least one of the three races would have been a lot better without DRS, and one of the other two somewhat better. The other one should never have happened because the track did not meet Grade 4 FIA requirements (let alone Grade 1, thanks to the lack of service road) and the whole "missile" thing.

Thus, DRS is better removed from F1 in my opinion under the new regulations.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 09:48:48 PM »
Stick with DRS but bring back V8's or even V10's and do away with the expensive electrickery F1 has nothing to do with road cars so reduce costs with cheaper engines. I run a V8 so am relevant to historic F1.  ;)
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle