collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2013 Advent Competition  (Read 26308 times)

Offline Wizzo

Re: 2013 Advent Competition
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 12:05:55 PM »
I smell trick questions already and it's only day 2!!

No No I've changed, really I have. Evil is not an addiction any more, I can stop any time I want.  :DD
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 12:12:12 PM »
No No I've changed, really I have. Evil is not an addiction any more, I can stop any time I want.  :DD

I figured it was a hobby, not an addiction.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »
But just think Scott, how boring it would be if it was all straightforward with no twists and turns.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 01:08:28 PM »
I smell trick questions already and it's only day 2!!   >:D >:D

You may be right day 2 seemed way to easy.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 01:27:09 PM »
Shh Dare, Wiz might be listening.  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 01:32:50 PM »
you ain't seen me - right?  :crazy:
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »
Shh Dare, Wiz might be listening.  :tease:

Listening? Wizzo? Nah I don't think its possible. He strives to see us suffer, he plans to torments us in the name of Advent, his eyes glows thinking how much of pain he could in instill, while sitting in his dungeon. If he had listened do you think he could possibly lure is to cause such pain??

[Above statement only applies from December 01 to December 25, rest of the year, Wizzo is the guy you would love to meet, he would make you laugh with his wits, would take away your suffering in thousands of ways, and his warmth will just simply blow you away, he will make you feel you are lucky to meet him]
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
Wizzo is the guy you would love to meet, he would make you laugh with his wits, would take away your suffering in thousands of ways, and his warmth will just simply blow you away, he will make you feel you are lucky to meet him

BD wins the Advent competition for guessing the above sentence correctly!  :yahoo:

Ha! Not really BD. Get back to biting your nails waiting for the next question.  :DD

Wizzo

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 01:55:52 AM »

Hey is it just me or is this year's Advent comp becoming just a little bit - well repetitive. :confused: 

What's our sly old Warlock up to?  :DntKnw:  He pretends to be all sweetness and light with helpful clues,  ::) oh and a repeat of the day before - but we know him better now don't we.  ;) 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 03:52:35 AM »
Wizzo is the guy you would love to meet, he would make you laugh with his wits, would take away your suffering in thousands of ways, and his warmth will just simply blow you away, he will make you feel you are lucky to meet him

BD wins the Advent competition for guessing the above sentence correctly!  :yahoo:

Ha! Not really BD. Get back to biting your nails waiting for the next question.  :DD

:P  :P  :P

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 06:34:05 AM »
Hey Wiz! Is it my eye, our your doing that lead me to find the words booze, keg, and sober before any driver?  :D

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 06:59:05 AM »
It's all in the mind!!!
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »
Same here PG, I was distracted with Beer, Fun, Bingo, Bet, Party  ;)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
Some of you may have fallen by the wayside and some of you have seen it through to the end. It's been a long (but no too hard) month of questions, so, even if you haven't got all the letters then its still worth having a stab at the answer.

Here is the solution clue as always and as it's Christmas I have put in the missing letter from day 16 (Bernie's puzzle). Good luck everyone.

--/--/--/---/------/----/--a--

Remember to PM me with your answers anytime on the 24th and you can have as many guesses as you like.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:56:03 PM by Wizzo »

Wizzo

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 03:43:41 PM »
The answer to the 2013 Advent competition.

Ho Ho Ho its Advent time again

In an unprecedented turn of events there were NO correct answers this year. The closest to the correct answer was submitted by Cos and I hereby declare him the winner!  :yahoo: I'm sure you will join me in congratulating him on his sterling efforts.

Well done to everyone who played along. The Day 21 questions were tough and the test was taken over 100 times in total. I will leave this quiz on show for the next few days and have set it to show the answers as you answer the questions.

The answer to all the other questions are below:

Day 1. In which country was Ferrari's 500th race? First letter of country. = Hungary (H)                                                      
Day 2. In which country did Anthony Davidson make his F1 debut? First letter of country = Hungary (H)                                                         
Day 3. Anagram Salad Tornado Mop This driver scored one point in 2013 but in which country? = Hungary (H)                                                      
Day 4. Name the Oxford school team from Cowley that reached the National Finals of the 'Formula 1 in Schools' competition. 3 words, first letter of first word. = Hippos Strike Back (H changed to T later)                                                          
Day 5 . Word Search There are 6 drivers from the 2013 line up. Find all 6 then you need the one who finished the season with the least amount of points. First letter of surname. = Sutil (S)                                                         
Day 6. The 2010 F1 world championship was a closely fought battle but how many times did the lead of the championship change in the season? = Nine (N)                                             
Day 7. The semi-automatic gearbox revolutionised F1 but who was the first driver to win a Grand Prix using one? Nigel Mansell (M)                                                      
Day 8. Jigsaw. Solve the jigsaw and todays letter will be revealed. = G                                                         
Day 9. How many drivers won a Grand Prix in the 2003 season? = Eight (E)                                                         
Day 10. 10 F1 questions. Letter = O                                                         
Day 11. Today's letter is Y – Not really it was hiding and was T                                                         
Day 12. Maths Day: 2x3-5+0=1 (A)                                                         
Day 13. Word Search. 6 Teams to find. Who scored the most points in 2013. Last letter of their name Force India = (A)                                                         
Day 14. Letter = V                                                         
Day 15. Wizaround! = I                                                         
Day 16. Jigsaw Wizzle Bernie says  – No Letter!                                                         
Day 17. Maths. (22+6+2)/5+3=9. Letter = I                                                         
Day 18. Name the driver. Ralf Schumacher (Age 50 on 30 June 2025) Letter = O                                                         
Day 19. Anagram. Alphanumerical Scratch Tree = Charles Pic Caterham Renault = I                                                         
Day 20. Name the driver from the picture. Nigel Mansel = N                                                         
Day 21. QWIZ- Answer the questions and get 4 letters – T,E,D & O
Final letter A given with the clue to the phrase.

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle