collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 694
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: FedEx driver  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Dare

FedEx driver
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:58:39 AM »
I think they should id the jerk and fill his ass

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: FedEx driver
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:08:26 AM »
I don't know about this guy, but I can honestly say, I'm a mailman and I was once handed a package by a supervisor and told to just toss it over the fence, per the customer's instructions. It was about a 7 foot fence and I did as I was told. Never heard another word about it.
Lonny

David

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »
I deal with carriers everyday and it shocks me how little respect most have for the parcels the distribute. The other day I happened to sign for some parcels, as I was standing talking to a customer at the entrance to my company's warehouse. The guy was from TNT and he opened the back of his van and you would have swore someone had loaded it with a shovel! The then proceeded to move parcels about in a effort to find ours, throwing them back into the van on top of other parcels. Without knowing the contents, you can only imagine the potential damage caused.  >:(

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
Never been to FedEx, but I see the post office every day and I've been in the back at UPS. If you could see how they treat your packages, I guarantee you would change the way you pack stuff. It will be tumbled, banged, thrown, piled on, and bounced thoroughly before it reaches it's destination.
Lonny

Offline romephius

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 09:20:49 PM »
I've loaded planes and helicopters, I can assure you, DON'T mark something fragile... I've seen games of soccer with a package marked fragile.  I treated all items with respect, except for the one where the customer was a complete jerk.  The worst I ever did was jump up and down in the back of a plane on the bag of a man who thought it was ok to hold up a flight and demand his bag be checked even though they had to shut down 1 engine and open the doors again to let him on... so, my boss, the flight attendants and the pilots all said "treat his bag with the same respect he has show the rest of us".  Apparently he was a jerk to the crew on the flight too.... so we took great satisfaction in knowing when I jumped on his bag, something glass broke and his nasty surprise was that I re-routed his luggage.  Instead of meeting him in Sydney, his bags took a trip to Perth.... :P

The biggest issue is that package delivery is seen as a very low pride, low pay, low respect job.  Usually taken by people who can't get jobs elsewhere.... (that's what I am told anyways).  

So back on target (excuse the diversion for a rant....), package even a solid brick of stainless steel like it's going to be run over by the delivery van.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »
Like Lonny said - best advice is learn how to pack.  I've never sent anything breakable that COULDN'T be used as a soccer ball.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 12:12:33 AM »
UPS drivers are very well paid here,FedEx may be a little behind in pay
but still a very well paid job

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:36 AM »
Of course, if we actually wrapped our stuff in such a way as a reversing lorry couldn't break it, the delivery people would refuse to deliver it in the first place because it would be too heavy.

And then they wonder why only rich jerks use their services...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Dare

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »
Hee, hee...bet it would've been a different story without the video camera though (you'd think he'd know better, living in England  :P :P).

Good to see though - jerks should get punished every now and again.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle