collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 368
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: You have to be kidding me  (Read 2040 times)

Online Dare

You have to be kidding me
« on: December 06, 2013, 12:50:42 AM »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: You have to be kidding me
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 09:15:11 AM »

Now is it the cost of the electricity that you are referring to Dare, or the whole thing?  :confused:

How would you feel if he was arrested for helping himself to petrol/gas from the school?

I'm wondering how many times this guy has done this before at the school, someone reported it to the police which is why the officer turned up. :DntKnw: There's no suggestion this was an emergency situation with the driver being out of juice, that at least might excuse his behaviour.

Being a so called 'green' citizen doesn't give you the right to take what's not yours.  :nono:

How would you react then Dare if someone stopped outside your home and plugged their electric car into an outside socket on your premises? 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:51:57 AM »
I'd be fine with it.  People are always charging something or other in our restaurant without asking (they sometimes just ask where a plug IS), phones, laptops.  Heck, if someone wants to plug in their car for an hour, no problem. 

So he plugs in for an hour a week while his kid plays tennis.  He likely pays a ridiculous fee for his son to play tennis in the first place, court fees, plus he certainly pays taxes which pay for the school and all its electricity. 

Here in Switzerland at the train stations they have free parking spaces for electric cars, including free charging station for each car (you can commute to the train station, charge your car while you go the rest of the way by train, return after work and pick up your fully charged car).  No parking fee, no electricity fee.

If you want to make an example of someone using an electric car, make the example positive.  Policeman should have patted him on the back and told the whiner at the school who called him to pay more attention to children's education than snooping around wondering who's using an outside outlet for half an hour. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fossil fuels when it comes to my beloved F1, but if I didn't have to shop for the hotel and therefore have to own a stupidly large SUV, I would also have an electric car for running around.  If you haven't noticed the climate is changing, your head is buried in sand.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:39:37 AM by scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:27:44 PM »
Still, all he had to do was ask. I agree that 15 hours in jail is excessive. He should have received a citation and/or desk appearance ticket.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:43:35 PM »
After John's reply I reconsidered and now I think
he should have received 40 lashes.

John,what if it had been some kids that had a radio
plugged in,should they be arrested?After all they
didn't ask permission and stealing is stealing.

In some cases a little rough justice is best.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 02:09:54 PM »
Still, all he had to do was ask. I agree that 15 hours in jail is excessive. He should have received a citation and/or desk appearance ticket.

He said there was nobody around to ask.  The school was closed on the Saturday, or so he though.  Probably a nosey neighbour.

But no, I still disagree...he should have been patted on the back for making enough right choices before that.  If the school doesn't want anyone to plug in, then lock the outside outlets.  Pretty simple. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle