collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 100
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 981
  • stats Total Posts: 141552
  • stats Total Topics: 22323
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 20
  • stats Most Online: 846

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16148 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12987 Posts
John S John S
11261 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts
F1 Forum with chat about the latest Formula 1 news from around the World.

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

Click Here to view as a guest with limited access

Formula 1 Forum
Features Free Member Account
Read Posts
Write Posts
Search Posts
Live F1 Race Chat
Play Grid Game (F1 predictions game)
Use Shout Box
Enter Competitions
Send Private Messages
Special Members Areas
Calendar with Upcoming Events
Jericoke
April 08, 2024, 02:03:53 PM by Jericoke
Views: 5557 | Comments: 5

Going to mix it up this week, and I'll just leave one of each (plus an honourable mention) to give everyone a chance to add their own

Hero:
Yuki Tsunoda.  A safe choice, a Japanese driver with a Japanese (sort of) power unit getting points at the Japanese grand prix.  With the silly season in overdrive this year, with Perez constantly under the microscope, and Max maybe wanting to get out of the RBR sh*t show (which seems to have calmed down for now), being the top driver at VCARB is essential. Yuki finally showed he should be under consideration.  Also, my highlight of the race was when the entire midfield came in for pitstops at once, and VCARB got him out ahead of the pack, and he had the presence of mind to thank them for the gift.  That may be a career defining moment.

Zero:
Daniel Riccardo.  Just as Yuki is stepping up to prove he belongs with the F1 'big boys' Daniel just doesn't seem to be getting it together.  I understand that there's a lot going on during a race start and it's hard to keep track of everyone.  BUT, if you can't do that, you can't seriously contend in F1.  I don't know if he's lost his edge, his confidence or what, but I feel like he's the driver who doesn't belong in F1 the most right now (well, bottom 5 for sure)

Honourable Mention:
I've been meaning to bring this up a couple times - I love the new self righting cameras mounted on the cars!  You get a MUCH better feel for the banking and elevation changes of the tracks!  The cameras that stay in line with the cars makes everything feel smooth.  Now we can get a better feel for what the drivers are contending with as the cars pitch and roll over the length of a lap.
cosworth151
April 05, 2024, 06:44:44 PM by cosworth151
Views: 5600 | Comments: 1

Williams gave Logan Sargeant the patched up tub of the car that Albon wiped out. Could this be why Logan crashed out in FP1?

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a60394293/williams-gives-american-f1-logan-sargeant-2-treatment/

I sincerely hope there is an investigation into whether the wrecked tub was safe. I've been a Williams fan for decades, but I don't know for how much longer.
John S
April 04, 2024, 02:34:35 PM by John S
Views: 11783 | Comments: 1

I thought at the time Alonso's penalty was justified as it seemed like something extreme had gone on for George to shunt so badly.
Mind you it's not the first time George has misjudged/fluffed a late in the race overtake situation and binned it.

Now however reading some of the drivers views, see article link below, I'm more minded to think the Stewards may have been swayed more by the consequence of George's big shunt than with any real wrongdoing that actually took place.

Usually the Stewards are at great pains to point out that penalties are not linked to consequence but rather to the actual indiscretion perpetrated on, or off, the track.

If George had not smashed into barrier but simply spun and resumed on his way again, or run wide and lost ground, would we have seen a penalty - or any intervention from the Stewards at all?  :DntKnw:

From the quoted drivers below most seem to think a penalty was harsh or just plain wrong.

https://racingnews365.com/f1-drivers-react-to-alonso-furore-after-dangerous-situation-with-russell
cosworth151
April 03, 2024, 04:37:54 PM by cosworth151
Views: 16542 | Comments: 0

Why just throw your helmet at the driver that wrecked you when you have a body panel close at hand.

In the NASCAR Xfinity Series (sort of their equivalent to F2) race at Richmond VA last weekend, Dawson Cram and Joey Gase tangled. Gase ended up going backward into the wall.

Rather than just throw his helmet, Gase finished ripping the "bumper cover" off his car and threw it across Cram's windshield as he came by. In NASCAR, the bumper cover is the entire rear panel of the car.

The 2 yellow stripes on Cram's car indicate that he is a rookie driver in the series. I love what Cram's pit radios to him after it happens.
John S
April 03, 2024, 03:52:07 PM by John S
Views: 16603 | Comments: 4

From the intensive testing in old F1 machinery he's giving Young 17 year old Kimi Antonelli something's afoot.
That's an awful lot of miles in an F1 car for such a junior driver.

Is Toto straining to use his inner Marko.  :D
Has he identified a new Max for the grid?  :DntKnw:

https://www.grandprix.com/news/antonellis-f1-test-program-now-in-full-swing.html
John S
April 03, 2024, 02:48:03 PM by John S
Views: 8628 | Comments: 0

Here we go again, another angle to wind up the attention once again on Horner & RBR just ahead of another GP weekend.  :(

Oh, and what is this bo**ocks about she's not able to identify herself??????   :crazy:
- Course she can, it's Red Bull or Horner who cannot legally name her!!!!!!!!   ::)

Now if this allegedly much suffering woman is such a paddock insider probably all the Teams, Officials and Journos know who she is, the only ones who don't are us the great unwashed masses.  :D

The press soon put Christian's name out there, if this series of attention grabbing drops continue shouldn't that same press name her for transparency's sake, don't think there's any legal reason they can't - they just need to be sure it's truthful.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1046321/1/christian-horner-accuser-left-upset-scared-and-lonely-friend-claims

Dare
April 02, 2024, 09:19:46 PM by Dare
Views: 11013 | Comments: 5

New talk about Sainz being kicked out of Ferrari. Was it
a mistake by Ferrari? I think Sainz has more to offer  to the
future than Lewis. What's your opinion

https://www.planetf1.com/news/carlos-sainz-messing-everything-up-ferrari-lewis-hamilton-deal
Andy B
April 02, 2024, 09:18:39 PM by Andy B
Views: 10566 | Comments: 5

With Planet F1's poll showing that Liberty is not good for F1 and will not be good for Moto GP I wondered what you guys thought?

https://www.planetf1.com/features/planetf1-readers-their-say-liberty-new-deal-motogp

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle