collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 369
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Nothing changes at Ferrari  (Read 14337 times)

Offline Andy B

Nothing changes at Ferrari
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:13:38 PM »
If team orders are not allowed what happened today is surely against the rules!!
It also seems it has caused a lot of dis-harmony within the team is this what happened at McLaren.
Although I had discounted Massa in my Grid Game he drove a great race and should have been left in front. :(

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline greener_09

Re: Nothing changes at Ferrari
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:35:05 PM »
Totally agree with you Andy disgusting behaviour from Ferrari if they get away with this it just goes to show that the rules arent worth the paper their written on

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 02:45:30 PM »
I have to agree with EJ both cars should be excluded.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

David

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 02:46:19 PM »
Shame to blacken a Ferrari 1-2.  :(

I wouldn't call it cheating, just paid drivers doing a job to secure the best finish for a team. Still not happy about it but.

Jugirl

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »
I think Ferrari were silly because they could have done that a lot more subtle. I.E poor pit stop for Massa.

But wasn't it a bit two faced what Christian Horner just said about not favouring drivers and just letting them race.

Red Bull not favouring Vettel?? hmmm

Jugirl

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »
I.E poor pit stop for Massa.

You mean like RBR timing Mark's stop to send him out into a pack of traffic?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline greener_09

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »
Im watching the interviews on the bbc and the blatant lies coming from every Ferrari interview are laughable

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 03:18:58 PM »
FERRARI did it for SCHUMACHER over BARRICHELLO in 2002 at Austria prompting the FIA to make a rule disallowing team orders...

McLAREN did it for HAMILTON over ALONSO in 2007....

RBR is still doing it for VETTEL over WEBBER...

and now FERRARI does it for ALONSO over MASSA...

making a law is one thing; properly policing it quite another.

the FIA conveniently looks the other way over team orders because like it or not all teams want to maximise their World Championship chances

...and Ju and Dare are correct; a slow pit stop is more subtle to effect the swap over and has been done effectively in the past, [particularly when rubens was at FERRARI. his frequent pit-stop mishaps were legendary.]

[...and HORNER is just a two-faced hypocritical a**hole - was he a lawyer or a politician in a previous life? - I don't believe a word this guy utters]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:27:32 PM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Jugirl

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »

...and HORNER is just a two-faced hypocritical a**hole - was he a lawyer or a politician in a previous life? - I don't believe a word this guy utters]

Totally agree great comment Sennaman

You mean like RBR timing Mark's stop to send him out into a pack of traffic?

You mean like pinching Webbers front wing at Silvestone?? Blaming Webber for turkey??
I could go on...

Jugirl

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
How can you penalize Ferrari when Red Bull has
broken the rules in quite a few races this year
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

David

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »
Im watching the interviews on the bbc and the blatant lies coming from every Ferrari interview are laughable

I agree, but Ferrari have to watch what they say because of a impossible to police rule we have in F1, there always has been team orders and always will be. It is just now days they have to watch how they do it and go about it in  a seemingly underhanded way. Any team in that pit lane that say they would not do the same thing in the same position are lying. I think the Ferrari boys, especially Rob Smedley let the fans know what happened through their body language. Good on Massa for playing the team game, it doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »

but hey! I picked the winner and today's podium in our Grid Game althouugh I had VETTEL splitting the two FERRARIs.

...so in a way the title of this thread is quite positive; FERRARI is BACK and this season is developing into the most exciting for years

....and somehow I do not see SV or MW winning a WDC for RBR this year because of their shocking mismanagement and their car [and driver!]' fragility come race day

...sebastian lost the race at the start by again trying the 'schumacher' swerve [or should this now be called the "German Swerve'] on fernando rather than focussing on his own start - the immature prat is fast becoming a b racing weasel like his more illustrious countryman.

...surely McLAREN are now favoured for WC honours with FERRARI having a fighting chance.

...b great stuff!
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 04:08:41 PM »
How can you penalize Ferrari when Red Bull has
broken the rules in quite a few races this year

I think you will find that favouring one competitor over another with a piece of equipment is not covered by the team orders rule Dare, unless of course you pull the car in from the race to take a bit off it for use on it's sister car.  :D

Can't think of any other time that Red Bull have broken any rules without punishment, it's usually speeding in the pits or maybe there was an unsafe release. In fact the crash between mark and Seb was down to the fact that they both felt free to have a go at one another for the lead, quite the opposite of team orders.

Christian has every right to call Ferrari actions into question, this was not just about who is no 1 or no 2 in the team it was blatant race fixing. The only possible defence I can accept under the present rule is if one driver has no mathmatical chance of winning the WDC, then a pass just might make sense, but that was not the case today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »
Just watched the race (too out of it to get up this time!) and I've got to say this really pi$$ed me off. I haven't felt so negatively towards F1 since the Indy debacle.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to make this type of behaviour disappear and the only solution I see is to remove radio communications between the drivers and the teams. Go back to pit boards and be done with this B$.

For me this argument that so-and-so is faster and you should let him by is right up there with the blue flag. IF YOU ARE FASTER THAN THE DRIVER IN FRONT OF YOU THEN PASS HIM OR SHUT UP! Provided the "slower" driver does not break the rules about blocking then quit your whining and RACE!

Jeez, I got so worked up I might have to take a pill and lay down!  :D >:D >:(
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline gato

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
Ferrari did it again, not fair play!!! I saw at tele when Massa reduced his speed and Alonso passed him althought it was clear that Massa had better car. A team order again!!! It was very sad to see Massa at podium in second place because he deserved the victory. I look forward what jury says about that trick because it has repeated three times before: between Schumi and Barrichello (when Schumi passed Barrichello as team order), for Mika Salo and Kimi Räikkönen. I am not happy Ferrari fan at all this moment because there is nothing important how you win if you win it by team order! My all sympathys are with Massa! :)
La macchina e´ bella quando quella vincerà. (The car is beautiful when it wins)
- Enzo Ferrari

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle