collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 581
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso flipped Petrov the bird?!  (Read 11394 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

Alonso flipped Petrov the bird?!
« on: November 14, 2010, 07:52:36 PM »
The last news flash on my F1 Timing app before the feed ended after the race was that Alonso was so p*ssed at Petrov he gave him the finger. Can't wait to get home in 10 days and watch the whole race in English!!!!

Ps.. Follow me in Mexico by adding me to your Facebook friends. Use the email address in my profile....I think you can see it.

Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Ian

Re: Alonso flipped Petrov the bird?!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »
Your email address is hidden Darrell.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
Not only that, he sideswiped him too.  Alonso was a moron at the end of the race.  He could never get past Petrov so he was a bit of a goof about it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »
Not only that, he sideswiped him too.  Alonso was a moron at the end of the race.  He could never get past Petrov so he was a bit of a goof about it.

Certainly not a classy move by Alonso... but I can't blame the guy.  Sucking someone's fumes for half an hour, knowing every second you did it was costing the championship would make the most level headed people see red.

Petrov was completely in the right, and I'm sure Alonso will offer a grudging apology in time.

On the other hand, Schumacher had nothing but smiles for Liuzzi moments after the Force India driver had almost killed him.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 09:17:19 PM »
I can be found on Facebook using the email address

darrellj1963

@

shaw.ca

Cheers
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

David

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »
Alonso was emotional after the race no doubt, but no need to take it out on Petrov who drove a fantastic race.

God knows I was emotional after the race but I just when and vacuumed out the car.  :crazy:

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 10:47:15 PM »
I love how Alonso loses the championship because of a Renault, Who he won two tittles with but left for McLaren and Ferrari!!

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:58:32 PM »
I love how Alonso loses the championship because of a Renault, Who he won two tittles with but left for McLaren and Ferrari!!

that's what I was thinking too PG
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 01:11:07 AM »
I saw it too and thought that was typical of him and no more than he has shown in the passed, I for one am glad he did not get a third title.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 02:40:17 AM »
Alonso has already said it was a heat of the moment deal, and that Petrov drove an excellent race. At least he has some passion for what he does. And no I am not an Alonso fan.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »
Alonso is a Latino, so he is hotheaded. If that word exists.. ;)

Any way, I understand he did what he did, after just loosing an almost certain championship. After the race he already stated he's not angry with Petrov.

Well, it gives the man a face and makes him human, just like the crying Vettel in his car and on the podium makes him human. I am starting to change my mind (in a good way) about the youngster.
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 01:07:43 PM »
We were talking about it in the Chat Room when it happened. What an arrogant ass! I'm glad to hear that he's backed off from it.

I agree with PG & Dare about Alonso loosing it to a Renault. It was a fitting moment in what may be the team's last race as Renault. I thought Petrov drove the race of his career, and may have saved his seat at the team, whatever it will be called next year.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »
I thought Petrov drove the race of his career, and may have saved his seat at the team, whatever it will be called next year.
That was exactly what was on my mind when I saw that race of his. Wonderful race of Petrov and I hope he can stay in F1.

Alonso will get another opportunity next year, no doubt. I mean, this was a 'Massa-car', next year the car will be (also) specified to his wishes.
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 01:47:23 AM »
Most of the "Experts" I've read think Petrov will have a drive even if Renault drops him. It might not be as good a car, but he has too much of Sponsor money  to go away.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 12:09:53 PM »
Just a bird,big deal.What do you think Senna
would have did in that situation?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle