collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 474
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Is it too early to look at the 2012 seat swaps?  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Andy B

Is it too early to look at the 2012 seat swaps?
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:49:03 AM »
You can be reasured there are some who are looking to see where they will be sitting next year so who do you think will stay, go or arrive?

Has Barrichello had his day?
Is Schumi doing his third year?
Is Lewis negociating with Red Bull?
Will Lotus retain its drivers?
Will Kubica be back in a Renault?
Is this Massa's last season?

So many questions and no answers to any of them but it must excite drivers in other formula's to see what is going on in F1 and be hungry for some of the action.

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Is it too early to look at the 2012 seat swaps?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 01:12:45 AM »
I think Barrichello's seat is pretty secure. This is more than I can say for Maldonado's, though there's an outside chance Frank may simply chuck the pair of them out.

I don't think Schumi will do his third year unless Canada turns out to be the start of a trend. If it is then he'll serve it.

If Lewis is negotiating with Red Bull, it will be purely down to getting a better deal from McLaren. I can see cracks in the Lewis-McLaren relationship but nothing fatal - yet...

Kovalainen has a seat for life if he wants it. Trulli not so much.

I think Kubica will be back in a Renault for a free practise or two at the end of the season. Only then will it become clear when or if he will return. Heidfeld's position looks a bit shaky even if Kubica cannot return, but don't hold your breath on any of that busload of reserves getting a look-in.

I'd be surprised if it's Massa's last season... ...but I think it may be his last season in a championship-standard team.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:16:48 AM »
Well analysed.  :good: Trulli is shaky especially if he continues to criticize the team. I think, though, that Schumi will keep on for his third season. His ego will egg him on as long as he continues to believe he can win.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:56:45 PM »
I think Barrichello is safe, although he has said Williams will need huge improvement if he wants to say. Trulli I think has had his day, and doesn't seem terribly interested in continuing.  I would like to see (but doubt I will) DiResta at Mercedes.  I would dearly love to see Karun back in full time drive so hopefully at lotus? 
Maldonado is safe, he brings lots of money, shed loads of money. I see Massa back at Sauber, maybe not next year, but sometime.  I don't know who HRT will go for, last year I was very vocal in my critism of Liuzzi, but he is doing a brilliant job with what he has this year. 
I have to say I can see Virgin pulling the plug.  In John Booth and Manor they have true racing people, great racing people but they seem determined to go racing by spending nothing.  Spending nothing and being proud of it.  That to me isn't commitment to improvement. 

Maybe Hulkenburg at FI? Even if Paul were to stay on!  Sutil lets be fair hasn't done a hell of a lot in his time there and maybe he can find a seat in DTM? 

Even if Kubica doesn't come back I can't see Nick Heidfeld staying on at Renault.  From what I've read Eric Bouliier isn't wildly impressed with him so far.

Lewis and Jenson will be with McLaren, for years to come.

I think Webber will retire, and I think Ricciardo will get that drive which will leave Buemi saf where he is and maybe after missing the last few races this year to accomodate Ricciardo, Alguesari will return to STR?

Thats what my crystal ball says, you may cross my palm with silver.

Williamsfan

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »
I'd say Maldonado's future is (financially) secure and will remain so until Williams are in a position to attract a proper sponsor.  That said, Pastor's form has shown moderate signs of improvement, so that is good.  I'd love Barrichello to go as I cannot stand much more of his moaning.  That's as far as my crystal ball goes though, sadly it is rather blue tinted and ignores the colours of other teams  :D  Oh, except McLaren, I expect to see them stay the same for a while to come.

Offline Willy

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 12:33:20 AM »
I feel Barrichello and Massa are driving their last seasons.
Trulli will be gone as well.
Kubica will be back when he is healthy enough.
Schumi has had his fun and Canada was a "one of".

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
I hope Frank dumps Rubens.  Surely he has enough money and a bit of pride left so he won't sign for one of the rump teams and will 'gracefully' retire.  Maldonado will be turfed as soon as Frank signs a big sponsor...which could be um, whenever.  Otherwise Frank will look for another pay driver and maybe Buemi (he comes cheap) if he does turf both Rubens and Maldonado.

Massa on the other hand has a very expensive watch fetish, and may decide to stay on as Ferrari test driver or something for a while.  Alonso is at Ferrari for the long term.  They will be back - everyone knows that.

Trulli is well past his due date, so he likely won't be asked back by anyone.  He can go and make some more excellent wine.  Kovi will probably stay.

As much as I wanted Schumi to have another go, I think Willy is right and he will finish the season many points down to Rosberg and retire.

Kubica is still way to early to tell.  His manager suggesting he will be testing by the end of the season could well be optimistic.  I hope so, and that he's as fearless as ever, but I wouldn't wager on it.

Lewis and Jenson will remain at Mclaren until they can't stand each other and then one will leave - probably Lewis.

I think Webber has shown that if he has a decent car he can place on the podium.  He's not done yet.  There is nobody available in F1 that could replace him at RBR, so they'd be stupid to send him on his way unless they have a sure thing.  Vettel's not going anywhere as long as Newey is there.

Sutil will bounce around the rear of the pack for another couple of years until he moves to DTM.  DiResta will have to do a better job proving himself before he catches the attention of the A teams.  Another question is how long Force India will remain in F1 - they are surely hoping to stay at least until the first Indian GP, but we'll see how it goes.

HRT will find new pay drivers for next season and continue to struggle.  Liuzzi and Nahrain will find other work somewhere else outside F1.

Heidfeld will either move back to a reserve/test role, or give DTM a go himself.  He seems most comfortable in a German environment, so there is also the possibility of another go at Sauber.  Petrov will soon renegotiate a salary instead of being a pay driver.  Renault will keep him at least until they find out what is happening to Kubica.

Alguersuari and Buemi...who the heck knows?  STR is just a waste of time and money for RBR, so it would be best if they sold it.

If Perez becomes more consistant he could stay, otherwise Sauber will have to find other backing, and if they do, perhaps Heidfeld could return.  Kobi isn't going anywhere, and Sauber would be smart to sign him long term and go hunting for some good Japanese sponsorship.

Virgin?  Are they even racing this year?

That's my opinion - not at all based on any facts, or faxes for that matter.   :tease: :tease:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 12:36:51 PM »
The more that the Lewis RBR link keeps being denied the more strength it gains!! :crazy:
So if Lewis did jump ship who would become JB's partner or would it be a direct swap with Webber? :DntKnw:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »
The more that the Lewis RBR link keeps being denied the more strength it gains!! :crazy:
So if Lewis did jump ship who would become JB's partner or would it be a direct swap with Webber? :DntKnw:

The Hulk maybe or could they nick Paul di Resta, or even Rosberg, from under Merc's nose?  :D  

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 03:23:38 PM »
My wife would say Mark would fit in well for the Hugo Boss campaigns, and the fact that he doesn't like to grow facial makes me think Ron would like him.   :P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 03:51:51 PM »
Hamilton won't leave McLaren. Dennis has been like a father to him, and Lewis would no more dump Ron than he would dump his own fa........um, ah, never mind.

I'd love to see Kubica return, but we'll have to see if he regains full use of his his arm and hand.

Pastor will stay at Williams just as long as the checks keep coming in. I think Ruby will be off to the F1 retirement home.

Kovi will stay at Lotus. Jarno will be back on the podium. That podium, however, will be at Le Mans.

Schumi doesn't seem to be having a whole lot of fun. If he doesn't start doing better, his neck problems will return.

Webber will stay at RBR.

Hulkenberg will be back in F1. Di Resta will hide the steering wheel to his car whenever Nico is in the FIF1 garage.  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 09:08:10 PM »
Hamilton won't leave McLaren. Dennis has been like a father to him, and Lewis would no more dump Ron than he would dump his own fa........um, ah, never mind.
:DD :DD :DD

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 08:13:30 AM »
Well Lewis is upping the anti and putting pressure on McLaren for a winning car but it also puts him very much on the market so Vettel and Hamilton at Red Bull may yet be a possibility and it would make it interesting!!
The othe question is can McLaren produce a winning car out the box for 2012 and keep him there?

Offline Dare

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 04:28:55 PM »
If Hamilton were to go to RB and challenge for wins\[something
Webber hasn't]it would give us fans a much better title fight
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
Won't happen. Christian Horner said just today that he won't have two world-class drivers in his team in case they end up like Senna/Prost or Hamilton/Alonso. While I believe this is unfair to Webber, it is a good point with regard to likely problems with Hamilton/Vettel.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle