collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 351
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Is Rubens on his bike?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Andy B

Is Rubens on his bike?
« on: September 02, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
Williams are reported to be considering a "pay" driver for next year which considering the ammount that Maldanardo is reported to bring who can blame them.
So has Rubens had his day and if not where would he go it certainly will not be a top seat so it has to be down the tail end of the grid, is Heikki going to put himself out of a drive to Rubens?  :DntKnw:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94156

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Is Rubens on his bike?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 02:15:27 AM »
Williams might need the money, but it has little chance of a long-term fightback with 2 pay drivers unless it finds the next Michael Schumacher.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:14:13 AM »
It doesn't appear that Rubens has been earning his money. Experience doesn't count for anything unless it brings results.
The sad thing is that most of the pay drivers are not the best drivers. Therefore, Williams may end up with a better balance sheet but will still not be scoring points.
Regarding Lotus / Heikki - it is true that Heikki could price himself out of a drive but I think he is probably a lot more useful to a team like Lotus than Rubens would be.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
Williams might need the money, but it has little chance of a long-term fightback with 2 pay drivers unless it finds the next Michael Schumacher.

But if they did find the next Schumi he would not stay there.

So this is the end of the road for Rubens then or will he go the DTM route like some of the others?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »
I wonder who's strategy it is to take two pay drivers anyhow.  I would guess that no major sponsor would jump on board a team with two pay drivers.  I think it will be a downhill slide if they go this route.  It's one thing if a jr series champion happens to bring sponsorship (but better to put it on the car than the driver anyhow) along as a bonus, but if they simply choose drivers based on ability to pay, you're right, there won't likely be a new schumacher there...

I suspect Parr is behind this idea.

That said, Rubens is way over due date, and has a mouth bigger than the grand canyon.  I'd be telling him to not let the door hit his ass on the way out the door.  Ciao Ruby.   :good:  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:32:58 PM by F1 Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 12:39:32 PM »
How tragic that a great great team like Williams needs two pay drivers.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
I think Barichello probably is ready for the Seniors Tour. Still, I'd love to see him put it on Schumi at least once before he goes.  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 02:04:59 PM »
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 02:07:31 AM »
I'm not one of the Rube'sbiggest fans.Asmuch as I liked
to have a Senna back in F1 his age is going to work against him.
Most drivers his age already have several years experience.

It is a shame to see William'sneed a pay driver but Frank knows his
finances better than we do.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle