collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 590
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Your opinion....  (Read 1398 times)

Offline markfarrell9572

Your opinion....
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
Assuming he makes it back to full fitness do you believe Kubica will be a Reanault driver next year?  I can't see it, they have two pay drivers at the moment and seem strapped for cash, so can they afford to put a big name driver like Robert in the car?

Offline Jericoke

Re: Your opinion....
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »
Alas, if Robert is in F1 next year, he'll have to take a pay cut.

However, if he can race in F1, I think that sponsors will flock.  Who wouldn't pay to be on the overalls/sidepods of the biggest story of the season?

Renault/Whatever would be wise to keep him.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:10:29 PM »

If the doctors pass him fit he'll be in the Genii/Lotus car. The only thing that can get in the way is new owners.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
Robert will be in the car next year if he can drive it. I just hope Renault stops looking in all the wrong places for solutions or else the 2012 Renault will not be fit for someone of Robert's talent to drive.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 09:23:57 PM »
Really?  You don't think Kubica has an option in the last year of his contract (which I think next year is)?  I expect he'll have an escape clause, as will Renault.

I think if Robert is fit and fast, he should set up a test at one of the top three teams (which they will be more than pleased to provide - wonderful PR helping out a wounded driver and all that), so he has a car that can show his stuff.  If Renault then indeed want him back, they can pay the price he expects.  Otherwise, one of the other teams...perhaps even one primarily RED, could do some last minute driver shuffling.  Imagine Alonso and Kubica.  Wow...

That said, I don't think he'll be fit...just my hunch.   :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

David

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:57:06 PM »
I don't think he will be fit myself, but if he was he would be a welcome addition to the team.  :good:

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:51 PM »
Really?  You don't think Kubica has an option in the last year of his contract (which I think next year is)?  I expect he'll have an escape clause, as will Renault.

My understanding is that Robert has a 3+2 deal (three years fixed, two years option) with Renault. Therefore any escape clause not connected to breach of contract would become active only at the end of next year*. So Robert will need a decent car so that everyone can see that he has recovered - and that either Renault will take the option or Ferrari/Red Bull/McLaren/Mercedes puts him in place of Massa/Webber/Hamilton or Button/Schumacher.

I would expect Robert to do a FP1 session for Renault in Brazil. That way, not only can he indicate to them how fit he is and what they can expect in terms of remaining recovery time, but Renault gets to benefit from all his feedback and hopefully improve the 2012 car with it. No need to set up tests with anyone else or put any special effort into doing a test just for him.

No need for contract-shuffling... ...just respect, a little time and some healing.

I think if Robert is fit and fast, he should set up a test at one of the top three teams (which they will be more than pleased to provide - wonderful PR helping out a wounded driver and all that), so he has a car that can show his stuff.  If Renault then indeed want him back, they can pay the price he expects.  Otherwise, one of the other teams...perhaps even one primarily RED, could do some last minute driver shuffling.  Imagine Alonso and Kubica.  Wow...

That said, I don't think he'll be fit...just my hunch.   :DntKnw:
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle