collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 362
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: You started it!, No I didn't..........  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Wizzo

You started it!, No I didn't..........
« on: March 21, 2006, 05:04:05 PM »
Raikkonen has placed the blame squarely at Klien for his first lap demise in the Malaysian Grand Prix.

After negotiating the tight first two corners Raikkonen was hit from behind by Klien's Red Bull coming in the braking zone for the turn four. Raikkonen proceeded to accelerate out of the corner but his rear suspension had already been damaged, breaking up under load and pitching the McLaren-Mercedes into the barriers.

Although the incident happened outside of camera shot, Raikkonen was adamant that the Austrian was at fault. "I am very disappointed because I had a great car set-up and very good race strategy. I think it was fairly obvious that Christian Klien made a pretty fundamental mistake and ran into the back of me at turn four, breaking my rear suspension in the process."

Klien hit back by saying that Raikkonen did not give him enough room and forced him to clip his rear. "I was in a good place, then in Turn four there were three cars, me and the two McLaren, going into it. I was right on the inside, already over the kerbs. I couldn't go further to the right and mine and Kimi's cars touched."  ::)

Boys, boys, this is what makes F1 so interesting. You can be the fastest man on earth in the fastest car but that doesn't mean your going to make it to the end of the first lap.

Incidents like this are part and parcel of all race meets, not just F1. I'd put it down to experience and prepare yourself for Australia.  :good:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle