collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 524
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1: Alonso Frustrated By Mistake And Ferrari Form  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Dare

F1: Alonso Frustrated By Mistake And Ferrari Form
« on: March 18, 2012, 12:03:06 AM »

Alonso has 2 moods happy and mad and frustrated.Oh for the old
days when teams let their drivers race each other.

Fernando Alonso hopes that he can still score some decent points in Australia despite starting from a disappointing 12th place.

Alonso didn’t make it out of Q2 after spinning into the gravel trap at the first corner, while his team mate Felipe Massa is down in 16th.

“I think I touched the grass,” he admitted. “I didn’t realize when I was driving, but looking at the TV, the left tires were on the grass, so I spun putting the tires there, and qualifying unfortunately in the gravel. I don’t know what would be the position without the incident.

“Maybe it was possible to go in Q3, maybe not, because the times were very close. If you go in Q3 you have no new tires for tomorrow, so maybe at the end of the day it’s a good compromise to be P12 with new tires.

Regarding the race, he said: “I think points will be the first priority, and then second priority, top five.”

Alonso made it clear that he was not very happy with the team’s current situation.

“We are obviously not quick enough, we are not competitive to fight for the top places at the moment, so it’s something that maybe we knew or we expected after winter testing. We have some ideas, and maybe today we confirmed we are not competitive.

“We still a lot of work to do, we have to be more organized than ever, I’m sure we worked 24 hours a day before this race, now we need to work 25, and it’s the only way to improve the car and win races soon.

“This is the target. The target maybe was to start the championship with a competitive car, able to win races, that was the message all winter and all the second part of last year. We didn’t arrive to that target, to arrive in Australia with a winning car. We need to arrive as soon as possible with a winning car in the next couple of Grands Prix.”

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: F1: Alonso Frustrated By Mistake And Ferrari Form
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:02:29 AM »
They showed a replay of the incident from Alonso's in-car last night. He clearly got his left side tires off in the grass.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 08:35:36 AM »
He sure made a rookie mistake there.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

David

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »
Alonso knows he has the making of another WDC, and he wears that frustration to the fore when Ferrari can't get the car right. He did make a silly mistake but he made up for it in the race. He got more out of the car than it had IMO. 

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 01:11:02 PM »
I guess Alonso is grumbling because, yet for another season he is given a car to hustle, not some car to win championships, which to be fair certainly he deserve. In the old days when his mirrors used to be filled with the red prancing horse, he just want that sort of machine. But for the time being he has got a podium car, not a winning car.

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 03:22:29 PM »
Give the devil his due,if Alonso had a great car from
race one you'd have to pry the WDC trophy from his
frustrated hands
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Jugirl

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »
I saw his mistake in qualifying and it was an error buy boy did he make up for it in the race. You know a driver is great when he out performs his car, pummels his team mate and is never happy with 2nd.

All I can say is Ferd....you were great :D  :swoon: :swoon:

Ju

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
The two are separate.  If he hadn't made the goofball mistake, he might have been on the podium easily.  As a result he had to push like crazy.  Even with his ability to drive the car over its potential, the Ferrari doesn't look like the dog it did earlier in the week.  Race pace isn't too bad.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle