collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 615
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hulkenberg Denies Mallya Crisis To Sink Force India  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Dare

Hulkenberg Denies Mallya Crisis To Sink Force India
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:51:04 PM »

Hope it's not true,I've had a soft spot for FI ever since Fisi was there

Nico Hulkenberg has played down the link between Vijay Mallya's struggling Indian airline Kingfisher and the billionaire's Formula One team, Force India.

According to mainstream media reports, debt-ridden and loss-making Kingfisher is on the brink of collapse.

And new speculation swirling in the Melbourne paddock this weekend suggests the situation could affect Silverstone-based Force India.

"The rumors are nothing new," the team's new race driver Nico Hulkenberg told Frankfurter Rundschau newspaper.

"The problems (with Kingfisher) have been there for over a year. But it's nothing to do with us, it's another business — this is Formula One, not an airline," said the German.

"I can't judge what is happening to his business. I just know that he (Mallya) is still motivated and for sure will be here for many races," added Hulkenberg, who qualified ninth for Sunday's Australian Grand Prix.

India's Economic Times this week reported that Mallya has pumped an extra $32 million into Force India via his personal investment company Watson and the sponsorship of Kingfisher's beer and spirit arm.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Jugirl

Re: Hulkenberg Denies Mallya Crisis To Sink Force India
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »
I hope Force India can stay in F1. I for one am looking forward to them trying to improve upon 6th place from last year

Ju

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 08:49:03 PM »
Mallya strikes me as a very sharp businessman. I think that he's smart enough to legally isolate each part of his empire from all the other parts and even himself. That would allow the airline to go bankrupt without effecting the team, the construction company, the investment house and so on. The link up with Sahara should also help the team weather the current storm.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »
I guess it's more a matter of them potentially losing their main sponsor.  Not sure he can convince the boards of one of his other businesses to lay out enough cash to keep it going.  :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 01:56:28 AM »
Kingfisher the airline is in massive trouble, but if it falls the money will probably come from Kingfisher the beverage company instead. Unless Mallya himself gets into legal trouble from the fallout or mishandles the debt juggle so badly the loans for other parts of his empire start falling through, Force India should be safe.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle