collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 377
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso: Massa is one of the best  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Dare

Alonso: Massa is one of the best
« on: May 07, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »
translation:Don't get rid of Massa,he's my dream teamie

Fernando Alonso says his team-mate Felipe Massa does not deserve the criticism currently being heaped on his shoulders.

After a disappointing Championship last year when he failed to reach the podium, Massa's 2012 campaign is not looking much better.

Battling to get the most out of his under-performing F2012, the Brazilian has scored just two points, both of which came at race four of the Championship, the Bahrain GP.

This has led to widespread calls for Ferrari to replace Massa at the end of the year or even during the current season.

However, Alonso is adamant that criticism of Massa is not fair.

"He's one of the best drivers in the world, and he has shown it during his whole career," Alonso told his website.

"It's easy to praise when you have a good car but also to criticise when you have a bad one.

"I lived similar situations during my last stint at Renault, when some of my team-mates were unfairly criticised and now, they are being praised once again."

Massa is not the only member of the Ferrari team who has come in for some stick over the past 12 months as there has also been a hefty amount of criticism aimed at Domenicali.

Asked if he believed Ferrari would do better if Domenicali was replaced with his former Renault team boss Flavio Briatore, Alonso said: "Stefano's work is fantastic in every sense and I can't think of anyone better than him.

"As I explained before, it only takes one race to pass from criticism to praise.

"I'm very good friends with Flavio and we talk frequently. He's one of the most intelligent people I've ever met."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: Alonso: Massa is one of the best
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »
Flavio running Ferrari... who'd have thought that?    :-*

I do think that Ferrari does have bigger problems than Massa.  However, I don't think that Massa can win at Ferrari.  Either his skill/nerve has slipped, or he needs a change of scenary (I certainly hope the latter!)  There's not much point in him staying on at Ferrari (unless he wants the money.  Who can begrudge him that?)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »
Massa should move on, but not before the end of the year IMO.  Like Jeri said, Ferrari have bigger problems than Massa.

If the quiet conservative type of Italian (didn't know there was one) running the team doesn't work (although that type of Frenchman worked quite well), maybe they need to get in a loud screaming type of Italian.  Flavio will certainly get them headlines, even if they aren't leading races.  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:11:44 PM »
Our dear Nando is singing his team's PR.. " We are there for you" and not singing the part that says "To kick"..

Probably this is a to make the dismissal took away a lot attension, and make it less p/r disaster for Ferrari..

Ferrari has bigger, much bigger fix to do..they need focus..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

vintly

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:17 AM »
                    current 20 F1
"He's one of the best drivers in the world"
                            ^

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:11:15 AM »
                    current 20 F1
"He's one of the best drivers in the world"
                            ^
hehe
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 09:45:18 AM »

The more Massa struggles the better Nando looks, who wouldn't want to be extra supportive to keep that teamate?  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 04:43:34 PM »
One of the best at getting out of the way or in the way depending on what Ferrari need at the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle