collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 607
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Maldonardo does not seem to have learnt!  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Andy B

Maldonardo does not seem to have learnt!
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:51:47 AM »
The continued running into other drivers and getting penalised for it makes Pastor think its exceptable to run Di Resta off the road too as "it was only a little touch".
I feel there are more to come before he realises its a non contact sport!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101639

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

Re: Maldonardo does not seem to have learnt!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:35:57 AM »
Will he ever learn?It's bad enough to make mistakes but
to not accept responsibility is the sad part
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 04:21:50 AM »
Perhaps he would be more at home in NASCAR where feeding the other guy a fender is part of everyone's bag of tricks.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:25:56 AM »
I just feel that he is not punished severely enough to avoid bumping tendency with other people, and stewards should have been strict about it, but for unknown reason they are not yet.

In Hungary it was almost a clean before he made the final twitch, which resulted in little touch with Di Riesta. He should get more knowledge about his car's ability, then make these moves. With Sergio in Silverstone, he knew his tyres were not upto the temperature, yet he wanted to make the move. Here in Hungary same ind of mistake, just not acknowledging how much grip does he have. Until and unless you punish these people severely they will never learn.

I just wonder how did he managed to get that clean drive in Cataluniya. Still makes me puzzled.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »
I just feel that he is not punished severely enough to avoid bumping tendency with other people, and stewards should have been strict about it, but for unknown reason they are not yet.

In Hungary it was almost a clean before he made the final twitch, which resulted in little touch with Di Riesta. He should get more knowledge about his car's ability, then make these moves. With Sergio in Silverstone, he knew his tyres were not upto the temperature, yet he wanted to make the move. Here in Hungary same ind of mistake, just not acknowledging how much grip does he have. Until and unless you punish these people severely they will never learn.

I just wonder how did he managed to get that clean drive in Cataluniya. Still makes me puzzled.
Because being out front he had noone to run into?

Can't wait till he takes our Vettel, I wonder if Vettel will try and punch him?

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »

Hit the nail on the head there Stealth.  :good:

:DD :DD :DD  Can't wait either.  :D

Might be just like the Piquet/Salazaar punch up in Germany 82.  ;)  The marshals will have to watch out as Marko will want to join in as well.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »
As I have said before, my worry about Maldonado is that there is always 'intent' with the clashes he is involved with.
With DiResta you sensed that it was Maldonado's intention to push Paul off the track i.e. it wasn't a slightly over optimistic overtake but a plan.

I have come across drivers like this in the past and the only thing that changes them is pain - hopefully dished out by the stewards but sometimes because a stupid move ends up resulting in a big crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »

I am sure he will call him a carrot or tomato..Nice find Ian, that was some kick from Nelson.. :good: :good:

Hit the nail on the head there Stealth.  :good:

:DD :DD :DD  Can't wait either.  :D

Might be just like the Piquet/Salazaar punch up in Germany 82.  ;)  The marshals will have to watch out as Marko will want to join in as well.  :D

Williamsfan

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »
I am beginning to think it wouldn't be a race without Maldonado hitting someone.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 03:41:52 AM »
I'm surprised Frank didn't sit him down and say if you want to keep on driving for me, stop hitting stuff.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
Had Bruno been better, Maldonado would have to face the sweet chin music from Frank, and because of his unnecessary tangling tango with fellow racer, Williams are the missed out most. And yet for being the consistent one, and bringing Williams win after a dismal last year, I don't think he will be ever punished hardly at Williams. That punishment should have came from FIA, and that should have come long time ago..

Williamsfan

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »
The thing is the stats show the Bruno is performing better than Pastor.  He has scored more consistently and Pastor's points total is warped by his race win.  To be fair he has not really looked like matching the quality of that drive too often since.  Bruno is finding his feet and is not helped by losing FP1 in most races to Bottas.  Don't get me wrong, I am not a massive fan of Bruno's (yet) but he is performing more consistently than Maldonado. 

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »

Yeah but Williams are not like Sauber and call off a driver when a win might be possible. Frank has always expected his drivers to push their hardest and sees winning as the real reward for racing, not just the divi up of the financial spoils at the end of the season.
So although he may be happy with Bruno's consistency I think he will always see Senna as the number 2 if he continues to just be a percentages man, which is why the team have not publicly been disparaging about Pastor.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »
At some point, Sir Frank is going to realize two things about Maldonado:

1: His £'s per point ratio is very high. All of that shattered carbon fiber isn't cheap.

2: Pastor can't win if he doesn't finish. He is quite capable of podiums when he doesn't shunt. Trouble is, he shunts almost every week-end.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »
At some point, Sir Frank is going to realize two things about Maldonado:

1: His £'s per point ratio is very high. All of that shattered carbon fiber isn't cheap.

2: Pastor can't win if he doesn't finish. He is quite capable of podiums when he doesn't shunt. Trouble is, he shunts almost every week-end.

The wiseman speaks wisely... :good: :good:

Pastor is good, if he had not been the stupid guy, he would have racked points competing for WDC. It is not the car or technical issue, it is stupidity that is blocking the path,he needs to realize when not to push..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle