collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 564
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Infinity Red Bull  (Read 6556 times)

Offline Scott

Re: Infinity Red Bull
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »
Yuck...The Corvette had beautiful origins, and they figured it out in the more recent years, but that version, let's call it the Corvette's midlife, is IMO the ugliest and worst driving of the whole series. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
I've never really cared for gadgets on cars. I've only had two cars with A/C and power windows, and I didn't buy either of them. I won one in a poker game & inherited the other. The two most useful gadgets I've had on a vehicle are on my Econline. Its got two cup holders large enough for my 64oz Mt. Dews, and when I turn the engine off the stereo continues to play until I open the door!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 04:44:07 AM »
Could not possibly own a car without a/c. Had a couple when I was young, but I ain't young anymore, and a car that's been sitting in the 105' sun 6 or 7 hours is unbearable. Don't feel the need for Navigation though.
Lonny

David

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
Oh I love my gadgets!  8)

I don't even have to turn my own lights on.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 01:53:23 PM »
I prefer the classic "4-100" A/C system - 4 windows down & 100 mph!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:38 AM »
Used to use that one in my '68 Firebird, but a 105' wind is still 105'. I'm too old for that these days.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 05:14:21 AM »
If you ask me, every car has a soul, a story, a history, a dream of its own.

Great pick Jeri, that is one of the great designs of Corvette.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

David

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 08:38:59 AM »
Yeah Jeri I quite like that, but to be honest you can't beat the first Vette's.  :good:

Offline Scott

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:30 AM »
Don't feel the need for Navigation though.

Best thing that ever happened in Europe.  Try finding anything you've never been to here. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »
Don't try them in the UK Scott, you'll be liable to end up anywhere.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 12:06:51 PM »
I was never impressed with the first Corvette. The only drivetrain offered was a straight six with a two-speed Powerglide automatic. I've never been a Chevy guy, but I've always liked the 63-67 Stingray. I always thought that the 67+ "Mako Shark" bodied cars looked too cartoonish.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Monty

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »
This is an unwinnable argument because 'style' is all about personal opinion.
I personally like all of the Vettes (even the humble C4) but this is probably partly because we don't get many of them in the UK.
However, most of the North American cars do not get to the UK and when I visit the US and Canada I see some of the ugliest cars ever built and during visits to Japan and China I see even uglier cars. The key thing is, the owners of these 'ugly' cars love them - they selected them and paid big money for them.
In my opinion this is style:-

Offline Ian

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »
Too right monty, no frills or anything except style and raw power.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 03:18:15 PM »
This is an unwinnable argument because 'style' is all about personal opinion.
I personally like all of the Vettes (even the humble C4) but this is probably partly because we don't get many of them in the UK.
However, most of the North American cars do not get to the UK and when I visit the US and Canada I see some of the ugliest cars ever built and during visits to Japan and China I see even uglier cars. The key thing is, the owners of these 'ugly' cars love them - they selected them and paid big money for them.
In my opinion this is style:-

I wasn't trying to 'win', or 'lose', just pointing out that someone was suggesting that a car that looked like an Edsel was an example of how European design is superior to American design. 

I should suspect most people's idea of a 'beautiful car' would be those cars that generally resemble the cars they saw on the road when they were between the ages of 5 and 10.  For me, that's still American land yachts with bold lines designed to convey strength, power and authority.  The Corvette of that era would be the default American 'dream car'.

I have no idea what those swoopy lines of European cars are supposed to bring to mind, but as someone reared on 'strength, power and authority', they look like the opposite.

Offline Monty

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »
I didn't really care about the 'argument' it was just an excuse to post a picture of my car  ;)

But you are of course right, different people see different things in a car design.
I try never to 'over-think' why I like something and equally I try not to criticise other people's choices (except Schumacher lovers - obviously).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle