collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 331
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Infinity Red Bull  (Read 6466 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Infinity Red Bull
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 03:41:55 AM »
Here's the one that bugs me. When I was shopping for a car, I knew more about the ones I was looking at than most of the salesmen I encountered.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 03:49:11 AM »
They will never have a chance with you Lonny. You are good, I mean really good with cars, so next time you encounter a salesman, please help the poor chap, give him a tiny bits of insight, so that he could add a little extra sales. God is merciful and He wants us to be so. Because I am sure if you decide to launch an attack, the sales man will have a first hand experience of Superstorm Sandy..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

David

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 09:55:42 AM »
 I've had a look at these Infinity's, oh my god the Japs have no idea about styling compared to European cars.  :o

I think BMW's, Mercs, Audi, Alfa's, Jags etc have the edge without doubt.

Never seen an Infinity on the road, ever!

Oi, over here Infinitis are how we spot spoiled rich kids.

Over here it's BMW Minis, one car that bucks the trend I imply above.  :sick:

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »
Styling is a word created and perfected in Europe, you expect others to do the same? Japanese are well known for making cheap and lately efficient cars..

Online Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 02:06:25 AM »
Styling is a word created and perfected in Europe, you expect others to do the same? Japanese are well known for making cheap and lately efficient cars..

Cheap cars come from Mexico, not Japan :)

And for styling... there's no European car I would choose over an American car.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 02:43:07 AM »

And for styling... there's no European car I would choose over an American car.

I guess its more of a size issue rather than styling for you Jeri  ;) Definitely American cars are more fitting for you than European cars. :D

David

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
American car v European car styling  :D

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:18:30 AM by David »

Online Jericoke

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
American car v European car styling  :D

Americans beat you to (and rejected) that 'Alfa' Desgin by 50 years

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »
American car v European car styling, Vol. 2
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »
My god, how can anyone say American styling can beat an ASTON MARTIN, it beggars belief.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
Aston has done better than Jaguar since they both left Ford. The Aston still look pretty good. The Jags have gotten downright ugly!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 06:25:24 PM »
Thought we were looking at an Alfa Romeo?  Was that an Aston?   ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

David

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »
OMG Jeri what the hell is that thing! You trying to blind someone!  :DD

I sorta mean modern American cars, nobody can deny the beauty of some, I stress some American classics. Modern American cars have lost their souls IMO. Bland styling and even worse interiors, that give European cars the edge. Most Japanese cars aren't much better and truth be told the Koreans are the only ones that come close.

Offline Scott

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:22 PM »
I keep trying to start this post by defending NA cars...but I just can't.  Never owned one quite honestly.  Closest thing was a Dodge truck I used to have which was actually a Mitsubishi.  Other than that it's been VW's until my latest, a Volvo.

NA cars are generally too big, too heavy, too plastic inside, and a generation behind European cars with regards to the latest gadgetry.  For example I rented a Cadillac not long ago - it was an upgrade, don't blame me - and it had an automatic window opener.  By that I mean an electric window with a two step button that if depressed to the second click, opens the window completely.  This was fine and dandy, but then I realized that Cadillac, big, show off-y cars, was too cheap to install the two step buttons for ALL the windows.  Even my VW from 2006 had all 4 windows full automatic. 

Rant over... 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »
OMG Jeri what the hell is that thing! You trying to blind someone!  :DD

I sorta mean modern American cars, nobody can deny the beauty of some, I stress some American classics. Modern American cars have lost their souls IMO. Bland styling and even worse interiors, that give European cars the edge. Most Japanese cars aren't much better and truth be told the Koreans are the only ones that come close.

Despite my Blue Oval (Ford) roots, I'm not defending the Edsel.  I'm just saying that if you're going to hold up a car that looks like an Edsel as an example of 'advanced style', then you're not doing your argument any favours :)

For me, this is the best looking car of all time:

I don't care how it handles, or how it is on gas, how damnably narrow the seats are, or how many buttons you need press to put the windows down.  Best looking car, ever, in my opinion  :-*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle