collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 610
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1: Two F1 figures say Sergio Perez too ''arrogant''  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Dare

F1: Two F1 figures say Sergio Perez too ''arrogant''
« on: November 15, 2013, 11:12:14 PM »

By Auto123.com,
Friday, November 15, 2013

From GMM

Two respected F1 figures have rounded on Sergio Perez's attitude, as it emerges the Mexican is fighting for his future.

With Perez dropped by McLaren after just one season, the British team's former long-time manager Jo Ramirez said the 23-year-old's big weakness is his "arrogance".

"The syndrome of becoming an F1 driver went to his head very fast," Ramirez, a former advisor to Perez and a fellow Mexican, told Cancha newspaper.

"Checo grew a lot as a driver during the last three years in F1, but unfortunately he didn't grow as a person at the same rate," he added.

F1 McLaren Sergio Perez
Sergio Perez. (Photo: McLaren F1 Team)

Another well-connected figure, the respected correspondent for Brazilian newspaper O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper, agrees.

"The relationship between the Mexican and McLaren never took off," said journalist Livio Oricchio.

"Formula one is not just about commitment; it's more than that. It's interaction, working together, two sides committed to the same goals; winning and losing together. Perez is not the kind of man who does that," he said.

Oricchio said his sources not only at McLaren, but also at Perez's former team Sauber, confirm that Perez "has an arrogant attitude".

And that attitude, Livio Oricchio added, is disliked by many.

"I've interviewed him a few times, even this year," he explained. "He doesn't look in your eyes and wants it to be over. In his working groups it is no different.

"In summary, human relationships have so much to do with success in formula one. Without it, you go nowhere," said Oricchio.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: F1: Two F1 figures say Sergio Perez too ''arrogant''
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »
That is quite the indictment there. Arrogance is never popular; even when associated with a talent like Ralf Schumacher's, it can seriously impede career prospects. After all, motorsport is in major part a team game.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »

Well it's not like McLaren have not seen this before with one Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton, MBE.  :D

Certainly offers a bit more on why he has been passed over for the transition year for Macca, ahead of the Honda package for 2015.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
That's a very interesting insight.  I hadn't noticed that he had been especially arrogant in interviews, so it's obviously happening more behind closed doors.  It's interesting though how some drivers manage to get away with being arrogant by building the team around them, and working well together with the team, while being arrogant towards everyone else....
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 06:51:58 PM »
It's like the stick and ball sports. There are some star players who never win a championship because they don't fit into the team. Others win several because they don't just play well, they raise the level of the whole team.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
I think Jo Ramirez has seen many drivers in his long & illustrious career while he was in Mclaren, so when he points out somebody is arrogant, then surely it has be a very big one. But honestly if he is that sort of a person, he surely can deceive a lot of people, as because when the arrogant rings into your head, surely his name does not come that easily. If that is the actual case, and not Mclaren trying to damage control regarding their decision to drop him, then that would be as far as this Mexican will go. But then again, McLaren is not an easy team to blend in, it has rituals, it has certain way of doing certain things which does not always suits everyone, so he might stay around for quite awhile. What strikes me is the fact, that he had problems in Sauber as well, which is a very friendly team, with many history of great drivers growing within them. If he really had issue with this team, may be there is something really worrisome for the future prospect of this driver.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 07:02:27 PM »

I guess it only really matters if Carlos Slim thinks Sergio has blown his career with his arrogance.  ;) 

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »
I think the money he got from Carlos Slim makes him arrogant in the first place. >:( >:(

vintly

F1: Two F1 figures say Sergio Perez too ''arrogant''
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 11:22:54 PM »
If he was performing well enough they wouldn't call him arrogant.

No smoke without fire and all that...

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 11:36:49 PM »
I'd imagine it would be hard not to be arrogant and
be one of a handful lucky enough to be in F1,especially
at that age.I'd imagine Perez never wanted for anything
in his life either so I don't imagine he's gonna chill with age
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:04:05 AM by Dare »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 12:29:03 AM »

You could be right Dare, maybe McLaren thought they'd found the new Ayrton last year. The luxury of family money and temperament is certainly right.  :D

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 08:14:34 AM »
I guess someone who has made it to F1 can be expected to have a rather exceptional view if themselves, but if they project that on everyone who surroundsthem, especially their own team, then it's not very appealing for your team members to support you.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »
It makes me wonder just how big a jerk someone has to be to be not worth getting Carlos Sim's cash.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 05:34:22 AM »

You could be right Dare, maybe McLaren thought they'd found the new Ayrton last year. The luxury of family money and temperament is certainly right.  :D

At least Ayrton was never in line of fire from his team, I haven't found anything else than admiration of his work ethics, from his team members, engineers & crews. I think that is a stark contrast from the behavior of Sergio, emerging in the media. Even Sebastian Vettel, the arrogant, single-minded, win at any cost attitude person does not mess around with his engineers.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 06:00:28 AM »
I don't know. A couple of years ago, I think at Monza, wasn't it SebVet on the radio saying "I can't pass anyone, do something"?
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle