collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 269
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1: Ross Brawn's Mercedes exit now imminent  (Read 4223 times)

Offline Dare

F1: Ross Brawn's Mercedes exit now imminent
« on: November 26, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »
I wonder if Brawn would be the cure,I'd rather him go to Mclaren
next year

By Auto123.com,
Tuesday, November 26, 2013

From Autosport

An announcement about Ross Brawn's departure from Mercedes is now imminent.

Germany's normally-reliable Sport Bild says the news is coming "later this week", at the end of a period of strong speculation that the Brackley based team will install Paddy Lowe as the new boss.

Mercedes, and particularly chairman Niki Lauda, have made efforts to keep 58-year-old Briton Brawn on board in another role.

F1 Mercedes AMG Ross Brawn
Ross Brawn. (Photo: WRi2)

But the big rumour is he could be headed back to Ferrari, where as technical director he presided over Michael Schumacher's ultra-dominant cars of last decade.

"Let's see," Brawn told the British broadcaster Sky on Sunday in Brazil, after he was spotted meeting in Stefano Domenicali's Interlagos circuit office.

"We will advise everyone in good time, but it's a pretty exciting year next year, so let's see what happens," he added.

Asked if Brazil was in fact his 'goodbye' to F1 altogether, Brawn smiled as he insisted: "(This is) not an answer."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: F1: Ross Brawn's Mercedes exit now imminent
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »

Well at least we should know by the end of the week.

I still favour him moving to a smaller team, more chance to be the proper man in charge there, I should think.  :DntKnw: 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
I think if he went to Ferrari or Mclaren that both bosses would move over and support him in diminished roles.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

vintly

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
Ferrari and McLaren need a Brawn or a Dennis type character, at least that what it seems like. It may be a case of 2+2=5 but to me it simply looks like Domenicalli and Whitmarsh are lacking something in getting the best out of their team, where you feel Brawn would succeed. He beat them both this year, against expectations.

So it would make sense for Ferrari to go after him, and he knows the score there so that's a potential plus.

But - while the Sky pundits were discussing it Johnny Herbert let it drop that Brawn's wife has had health issues recently, as has Ross himself. Wonder what they are, and wonder how that affects his next job...

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »
But - while the Sky pundits were discussing it Johnny Herbert let it drop that Brawn's wife has had health issues recently, as has Ross himself. Wonder what they are, and wonder how that affects his next job...

Wow, I didn't know that.  I hope it's nothing...just like the rest of us, getting old, and things break down.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 05:27:47 AM »
I really hope that is not the case for Ross Brawn and his wife. Though he has been in trade for quite a long time and has given his fair share of brilliance to pull out many great races, sometimes out of nowhere.

Honestly I would love to see him go to Sauber, put his together, and somehow manage another miracle that he produced in his Brawn GP days. Ferrari & McLaren are well established teams, they wouldn't fade away that easily, they have diversified business to help survive the hard-time. But Sauber has nothing this sort of, so it may sound crazy & almost like a delusion but I want to see him in Sauber team doing another of those Houdini acts.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »

Should the reports of ill health for either himself or his wife be true, I hope they're not of course, then it's hard to see Ross taking a job overseas.
Usually at times of illness families like to stay either at or close to home, unless there is some gain for the patient by a change of climate.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
It has now been officially announced that Brawn is leaving.

There is no mention of any health issues.  It is being suggested, however, that he is likely to take a break before possibly joining another team.

It's a shame to see him go, but there was never going to be room for three principals and Lauda at Mercedes.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Willy

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 04:37:11 AM »
After his success with Ferrari and as Brawn GP he must have felt that he was under the yolk being at Mercedes with Lauda and a board to answer too.
Ross is a genius and if left to his own devices can deliver the goods.
I sincerely hope the news of his wife's health concerns are unfounded or not serious.
This alone would be a huge factor in where, or if, he works for another team.

vintly

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »
Apart from one remark questioning what Ross Brawn might be ill with, I haven't found anything more to this so far. Herbert's comments implied it was more Brawn's wife although him as well… He missed the SPanish GP through illness, but that was 6 months ago.

ANYWAY, I will keep digging and let you know if I come up with anything.

Mercedes are fools to let him go.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle