F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Vettel to boycott Russian GP

<< < (2/2)

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Alianora La Canta on February 25, 2022, 07:36:22 PM ---They've said that... ...but now I've seen the wording, I have to caution F1's left itself the possibility of walking back on this if they cannot find a replacement in time. (Though this is already more action than I dared hope would happen).

--- End quote ---

Personally, I'm hoping the situation leads to a coup d'etat in Russia.  If something changes soon, and the country settles into a much more open and friendly situation, I love that the FIA has left room to reward the large majority of Russians who have had to endure this bs for decades.

But there's a very very small window for my fantasy to come true.

cosworth151:
Haas removed all Uralkali branding & Russian flag motifs from the cars for the final day at Barcelona. Nothing official about the future of the sponsorship or Nikita Mazepin.

I've never been a fan of Niki but I feel sorry for him. None of this is his fault. He posted this on his social media:

“To my fans and followers—it's a difficult time and I am not in control over a lot of what is being said and done. I'm choosing to focus on what I CAN control by working hard and doing my best for my Haas team. My deepest thanks for your understanding and support.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version