collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 385
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Now there's an interesting grid  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Scott

Now there's an interesting grid
« on: March 19, 2022, 05:31:57 PM »
Max was a bit of a dick post Q, like a little spoiled kid who got more candy than the other one, when he was talking about Merc being far back.

I love the Ferrari kit - needed a touch of black all these years.

At least Hammy will feel comfortable with Bottas beside him as usual.

K-Mag has earned his first cheque, maybe a bonus is in order for getting the car where Mazepin could only dream of.

Alonzo in front of a Merc?  Haven't seen that in a few years.

I'm excited for the race, but pretty nervous for Leclerc - we all know Max is going to barge through corner one no matter where he is.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Dare

Re: Now there's an interesting grid
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 06:49:47 PM »
Ferrari is my new favorite team with Carlos and Charles, I like both

If Mercedes is a dog let's see how Lewis performs in a car that
isn't the best. I'm betting not so good, this isn't the 60's

Looks like being gifted the WDC Max hasn't mellowed

Wishing luck to Haas and Mag. For me Mazepin won't be missed

Already miss Kimi

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 07:57:22 PM »
Already miss Kimi

I doubt he would be sitting beside Lewis though.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 09:13:36 PM »
I just wish it had been watchable.

Gave up after Q1 because the combination of the new font, the way the new animations operate and the camerawork made me throw up. Granted I caught COVID a week ago, but when Mum wonders if the camera crews also contracted COVID, it's bad.

Good that Charles had a happy session, though.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 10:48:17 PM »

I'm excited for the race, but pretty nervous for Leclerc - we all know Max is going to barge through corner one no matter where he is.

Max is going to quickly learn how many crashes Lewis managed to avoid by knowing exactly what moves Max was going to do.

Good news for Sainz though lol.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 09:36:35 AM »

Gave up after Q1 because the combination of the new font, the way the new animations operate and the camerawork made me throw up. Granted I caught COVID a week ago, but when Mum wonders if the camera crews also contracted COVID, it's bad.

Yeah, generally not impressed with the camera work and direction.  Another note, is it really necessary to show a graphic of kmph AND mph?  It just confused me and I from then on ignored it.  Surely even the most backwoods American has SOME idea of how many km's are in a mile (1.6 or so).  Maybe they should just go with 'Slow', 'Not So Fast', 'Fast', 'Really Fast' and 'The Fastest' for the tree stumps that are watching.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 12:44:09 PM »
Actually, very, very few of us Yanks have any idea about the Napoleonic (sometimes also called metric  ;) ) system. A 2 liter plastic pop bottle is about the extent of it. I personally think that even those should have a large, red warning label:

WARNING: This product has been proven to contain milliliters!

Seriously, if you want the sport to grow over over here, it needs MPH. Even I find the conversion annoying at best.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 09:07:26 PM »
With you there Cos, I still think in MPH and pounds and ounces.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 02:49:04 AM »

Yeah, generally not impressed with the camera work and direction.  Another note, is it really necessary to show a graphic of kmph AND mph?  It just confused me and I from then on ignored it.  Surely even the most backwoods American has SOME idea of how many km's are in a mile (1.6 or so).  Maybe they should just go with 'Slow', 'Not So Fast', 'Fast', 'Really Fast' and 'The Fastest' for the tree stumps that are watching.

The cars themselves do not have a speedometer.  Rarely is the winning car the fastest car in the speed traps.  Who cares how fast they're going in km/h, mph or furlongs in a fortnite?

That said, it really wouldn't be hard to have different graphics packages going out to different regions.  Yes, the graphics were a little glitchy today, but I stand by the idea that they could easily have different units if it's so important.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 09:33:08 PM »
So "not hard" that it's what F1 did until the end of last year!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle