collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 298
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The backlash against Max begins.  (Read 8360 times)

Offline Scott

Re: The backlash against Max begins.
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2008, 10:58:50 AM »
Porche ruling out F1 as an option while Max is around...

The last paragraph is most poignant.

From F1 Live

The Max Mosley sex scandal has apparently made it even less likely that Porsche, the German manufacturer, will enter Formula One.

Porsche chairman Wolfgang Porsche is quoted as telling German news magazine Stern on Friday: "After the affair with Max Mosley and the women it would not be very savoury to get involved now."

Porsche is bidding to take control of Volkswagen, the world's fourth largest car producer that has also resisted racing in F1.

VW chairman Ferdinand Piech, referring to the average Formula One annual budget, also told Stern: "300 million euros a year -- that is just burning money. 

Ironically enough, Mosley's ongoing plan to limit expenses in F1 not only had as purpose the controlling of costs, but was also a means by which to interest other manufacturers in joining. In this case at least, it seems his personal conduct is in part resulting with the opposite effect.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Scott

Max stepping down in 2009 anyway
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »
To punish and be punished is what Max really likes, that much is obvious.  I suspect that he will be punished, but with a paddle of the media and the FIA.

He pushes his chest out like a 10 year old to say that for every letter from FIA organizations that want him to leave, he's received 7 (or so) that want him to stay.  Can he NAME any of these??  Or are just his imagination?  The old man is clearly having a period of dimentia.  Bernie feels this or that?  Bernie has never been one to mince words, so if he feels that it's disgusting that Max has had his privacy invaded, he would certainly say something.  I'm baffled that Bernie has not already come out against Max (although my earlier comment about Bernie possibly having some dirty laundry that Max may have washed stands).

From F1 Live

Max Mosley told a British newspaper on Sunday that he intends to "stay and fight" despite widespread calls for him to resign as FIA president.

The 68-year-old Englishman said he decided to give his first media interview since the News of the World sex scandal broke because of the "enormous publicity" generated by revelations of his allegedly Nazi-themed orgy with five prostitutes.

Mosley said he will not quit yet because at least "more than seven" motoring club presidents want him to stay.

"For every letter I've had from a club president saying 'I think you should step down' or 'I think you should consider your position', I've had seven, slightly more than seven, who said 'you've absolutely got to stay, don't give an inch', and 'this is the most outrageous invasion', and suggesting that there's more to this than meets the eye, which of course there may be," he said.

Mosley suggests many of the people who have criticised him are mostly the ones that do not agree that "eccentric sexual activity" is acceptable.

"(But) most people say if somebody likes doing that, if it's not harming anybody, if it's in private and it's completely secret and personal, it's nothing to do with me," he said.

The FIA senate, comprising 222 members, will vote on June 3 as to whether Mosley can remain president of the global motoring body.

"It's a matter for them," he told the Sunday Telegraph. 

"It's not a matter for old drivers and things of that kind."

Whether he is axed or not, Mosley insists that it was always his intention not to contest the next election, scheduled for late next year.

"I was never going to go beyond 2009," he said, explaining that working effectively at the age of 73 would be "very marginal".

"I kept quiet about that because the lesson with Tony Blair is, the day you say you're going to stop, you lose your influence," Mosley added.

He also countered reports that he has lost the support of his long-time friend, ally and fellow F1 powerbroker, Bernie Ecclestone.

"Certainly he's supportive and he thinks it's disgusting, but he's got to get on and run his business," he said.

"I feel that with me nothing's changed. I see it as an awful intrusion into my private life which is not justifiable by any means, and which I hope will now be punished."

Offline Scott

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2008, 02:50:08 PM »
Todt supports Mosley...gee what a surprise!  Although I think it makes his chances of taking on the FIA Presidency narrow down to slim (which I'm happy about too).

It seems like I'm a one man band with these posts and comments.  Yeah, I don't like Max  in fact I REALLY don't like him.  Topping off his various pro-Ferrari rulings and penalties over the years, the one thing that I just cannot get over is the fine he gave McLaren last year and the continued FIA intrusion into their affairs (stopping developement on systems that Max sees as possibly begun as a result of the Ferrari data that Coughlin had in his possession).  He is a petty, insane man, and I hope to see the last of him in F1 very soon.

Plus I'm bored waiting for the Spanish race (although I just finished watching the Malaysian race thanks so much to Rom - I really appreciate the DVD...you should have left the ads in, the Oz ads are usually pretty funny  The Swiss don't bother with ads in their F1 show, might be something to do with Bernie's tax status here). 

Anyway, here is the F1 Article about Todt and his support:

Offline Scott

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »
oops - here it is:

The former boss of the Ferrari team has refused to join calls for embattled FIA President Max Mosley to resign.

Some sections of the motoring and motor racing worlds have condemned the 67-year-old Englishman further after he stated at the weekend that he intends to 'stay and fight'.

But Jean Todt, the son of a Polish Jew who has even been touted by some as a possible candidate to replace the current FIA chief, refuses to accept that the affair is proof that Mosley is racist.

"Absolutely not," the Frenchman is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.

"He's a true President. He knows his brief and is a great worker, reliable, very intelligent, a man of rare elegance.

"He's a true leader. I'm still amazed people concentrate on things which are nothing to do with his role," Todt added.

Monday did not, however, deliver only good news to the Mosley camp. 

It emerged in the pages of the broadsheet Times newspaper - a sister publication to News of the World - that despite Mosley's visit this weekend to the Jordan Rally, the King of Jordan does not want to formally meet with him.

Instead, Mosley will be the guest of King Abdullah's brother, Prince Feisal.

"Definitely Mosley is not going to see the King," a source is quoted as saying. "If he does see him, it will not be publicised."

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2008, 10:19:07 AM »
It seems like I'm a one man band with these posts and comments.  Yeah, I don't like Max  in fact I REALLY don't like him.  Topping off his various pro-Ferrari rulings and penalties over the years, the one thing that I just cannot get over is the fine he gave McLaren last year and the continued FIA intrusion into their affairs (stopping developement on systems that Max sees as possibly begun as a result of the Ferrari data that Coughlin had in his possession).  He is a petty, insane man, and I hope to see the last of him in F1 very soon.

Yes ScottyD, I absolutely detest Max for the disgusting decision and continuing witch hunt on McLAREN especially when RENAULT get away scott-free [sorry for the dreadful pun!] for far more heinous transgressions.

However, I must return to my previous premise i.e. NOTW is a scurrillous muck rag and what they have said was the Nazi etc theme of MOSLEY's peccadillo is plainly false and will be seen to be.

It beggars me how many of you implicitly believe everything this paper has printed and perhaps it does show the power of the written word; "I have read it in the 'press' so it must be true."

Methinks you are allowing your distaste of max to over-ride your sound judgement and a little more objectivity is needed.

Such slease-ridden publications should be sued out of existence and I am betting and hoping they will cop a substantial damages judgement in favour of dear ole max.

And although many posts to this thread stated about four weeks ago poor max would be dethoned in mere days, I see he is still there!

As always, just my opinion.  8) 
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2008, 10:39:02 AM »
It's not the incident itself that will eventually dethrone Max - and wouldn't be even if every single allegation in the paper was true - it is how Max has responded to other people's responses, and the extent to which other people's responses were altered according to what they thought of Max. Those signs suggest he will be forced out, though I stick with my original ETA of October 2009.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »
We are not in a position to say whether or not there is any Nazi content.  So far 90 secods of a 5 hour video have been made public.  We have no idea what the rest of it contains.

As soon as Max threatened to sue The Times countless people suggested Murdoch would retaliate.  It shows incredibly poor judgement on Max's part that he didn't see this coming and take action to stop himself being exposed like this.

Offline Scott

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »
I don't care if he was prancing around with hookers dressed as clowns or with bunny ears - the Nazi theme is not even what I think will lead to his departure (I think it may have more likely been a 'jailhouse' theme as opposed to actual Nazi connotations).  The fact that it made it to the internet/media, and that many people saw him with 5 hookers is what is scandalous.  In his position, he really has/had no other option but to step down.  If he wants to fight on and on and ridicule everyone else in the sport who is also appalled by the whole thing, then his ultimate punishment will be that much worse. 

I personally don't care if he was caught shoplifting, speeding, drunken or whatever - if it is a way to depose the dictator he has become, then I'm pleased.  I just want him gone and the sport to be governed by someone with more objectivity, not someone in 'bed' with half the sport and playing S&M games with the rest.

If the full video DOES contain Nazi connotations, as the NOTW maintains, then why don't they publish the more severe evidence (don't forget they've offerred to send the FIA congress the full 5 hour DVD to decide for themselves)?  I don't think Max is going to get any judgement against the NOTW - but we will see.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle