collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 363
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The backlash against Max begins.  (Read 8320 times)

TheStig

Re: The backlash against Max begins.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 11:48:20 AM »
I read in the newspapers that if he had been caught for speeding or drink driving he would have resigned the same day.
I agree he will not go without a fight,and the latest news of a PR firm to handle his case is further proof of this.

TheStig

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 01:04:40 PM »
That link doesn't work Ali.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »
Max has done as much or more to bring the sport into disrepute than anyone in its history. It would be ironic, indeed, if his fall resulted from something that has nothing to do with F1.

Paul Stoddart does a fine job of recapping some of Max's fiascos, including the 2005 USGP:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_feature_item.php?fes_art_id=34439
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »
I can't replicate the problem, Steven, so I'll try an alternative link for Max Mosley appointing a PR firm.

The irony is that the PR firm is run by Phil Hall, who used to be the editor of... ...News of the World!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 01:35:47 PM »
Damon joins the gang...

From F1 Live - oh, and Happy Birthday, Max!

Damon Hill, the President of the club that owns British Grand Prix venue Silverstone, has added his disapproval to the Max Mosley sex scandal.

While the British motor racing body MSA has declined to offer an opinion on the affair, Hill sides with those who indicate that the shamed FIA President should step down.

The FIA senate will cast a confidence vote relating to 68-year-old Mosley's Presidency on 3rd June.

"None of us wants to be moralising about individuals, but there has to be an element here to do with the image of the sport, and the ability of the premier representative of the sport in the world to continue to engage with a politic concerned about values," the BRDC President is quoted as saying by The Times.

"It's a practical issue, but it's also a marketing issue," he added.

"Businesses connected with the sport want a positive image, and politicians want to engage with it because they know motorsport people support those values. 

Figures from within the inner sanctum of the F1 paddock have been reluctant to comment on the affair, but Mike Gascoyne - the technical boss of Force India - is an exception.

"If he wishes to stay, it will devalue his office down to the level at which it is perceived, which is obviously not good," he said recently.

"It is painting the whole of motorsport in a very bad light and someone in that position, to my mind, has to be honourable and consider their position," Gascoyne added.

Mosley turned 68 on Sunday.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »
I wonder if he got paddled for his birthday? ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »
68 Times!  Yummy!

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1304_mosley.shtml

According to the NOTW site the Vatican is entitled to a vote at the EGA.  Being the NOTW they point out that the pope was a member of the Hitler Youth.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 08:30:10 PM »
I don't think that'll figure into the decision, since the Pope is supposed to set a moral example to the faithful. Catholicism is not particularly tolerant of orgies of any kind, so surely the Vatican will have to vote to remove Max...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

TheStig

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 09:55:47 PM »
You set a good question here.
Max carried out his exploits in private.He was only exposed to the WORLD by a prostitute hoping to gain from the meeting.
On the other hand he has been found out for going with a prostitute,in his private life,invasion or not.

The damage it has caused is without saying,and everyone is invoved including the Pope, will have a say on the outcome of events.

I feel he should step down from the role, as he has by his own actions bought the sport into the sorid affair by being who he is.This is the matter that should be judged at the end of the day.

I respect his privacy to carry out what he wants to do behind closed doors,but with such a high profile, the only way now  is to resign from the position he still holds.
 and do the correct thing for F1

TheStig

Offline raindancer

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »
I think it is insanity his own)that is preventing his resignation and a complete and utter disregard for the people at large. I don't know what he will achieve by hanging on ?
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Scott

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 11:32:06 AM »
Nail on the head. 

Max is insane.  There has been plenty of evidence of that over recent years, but since this scandal has broken, his action (or inaction) has displayed an incoherence that is inexcusable.  He should have immediately resigned (if for no other reason than to confirm my prediction  :D ).  The fact that he is holding out until June shows only that he is so far out of touch, that he should get some psychiatric counseling.

Again, the man is simply insane.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 01:27:31 PM »
If this is the best Max's PR company can come up with after a week he is in trouble.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/162058-0/mosley_scandal_can_be_a_'nine-day_wonder'.html

Offline Scott

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2008, 10:49:38 AM »
Now Mark Webber...from F1 Live

Voices demanding Max Mosley's resignation or dismissal as FIA President continue to be heard, with the latest coming from Australian driver Mark Webber.

During an interview with BBC Sport, Webber expressed his opinion regarding Mosley, whose prison camp-themed sadomasochistic sex session with five prostitutes has been publicly reported by British newspaper News of the World since March 30th, including video and audio extracts.

The scandal has since regularly generated many worldwide calls to end Mosley's tenure as President of the FIA, which represents motoring organisations and is the governing body of motorsports.

"I'm not interested in commenting on Mosley specifically, but what concerns me is that the current scandal has brought the sport into disrepute," stated Webber. "Formula One is the pinnacle of motorsport, all of us involved have worked very very hard to get there, and whether we like it or not, we are role models."

"Whether Max chooses to resign or how the vote will go at the extraordinary meeting on the 3rd of June is a matter for him and the FIA membership, but my point is simply that Formula One cannot have scandals of this type," Webber declared.

Mosley has decided to confront the storm through legal action in England and France, and is trying to hold on to his post by downplaying the whole situation, describing it as a personal matter which has no influence on his public duties. 

The extraordinary general meeting to be held by the FIA members in June will be a turning point if Mosley has not resigned by then.

"We've got the confidence in the people," Webber said. "They have all the information they need to make the decision that will see if he will continue."

Many national associations have publicly demanded Max Mosley's resignation, while certain FIA members have already declared their intention to vote against a continued mandate for the embattled FIA President.

Global car manufacturers Honda, BMW, Mercedes and Toyota have released statements along the same lines, yet many other parties involved in F1 – including teams and drivers – have remained silent on the matter.

Mark Webber believes that opinions have already been made but that official positions are standing by for the June 3rd assembly: "I think they are waiting for the extraordinary meeting to take place. A lot of people are sitting on the fence and waiting for the right protocol to happen. And I'm sure on the 4th of June we'll have more reaction."

The Australian indicated that the Mosley sex scandal not only affects Formula One, on which most of the media has focused, but also stains many other FIA-associated motorsport fields around the world such as rallying and karting.

"You know, it's not just Formula One; there's lots of sports. Formula One is the pinnacle of motorsport and that's why it's the sport that has been chosen (by the media). A lot of other sports have been brought into and tarred with the same brush," Webber pointed out.

Offline Scott

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2008, 10:53:15 AM »
French Judge to decide on access to video and news of Mosley

From F1 Live

A judge will rule on April 29 as to whether the Max Mosley sex video should be banned from being accessed on French territory.

The embattled FIA President's efforts to suppress the notorious News of the World footage in the London High Court failed recently, but Mosley last week lodged the same complaint in the French jurisdiction.

Mosley also wants paper copies of the British tabloid newspaper seized in France, and 25,000 euros in damages for each offence.

His lawyer, Philippe Ouakrat, said the video is a "violation of his right to respect for his private life. 

In terms of privacy, the French legal system is among the most protective that exists, according to information obtained from the Embassy of France in the United States.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle