collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 363
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Memorabilia  (Read 4117 times)

Offline aazz

Memorabilia
« on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:55 AM »
Has anybody had any experience with this website and shop? I am looking at a few items and would like to know my money is safe because it is a long way from Australia to England if I have to sort out a problem. Thanks in advance.

www.chequeredflagcollectables.com

I can't think of anything to write here.

Offline Wizzo

Re: Memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:02:08 PM »
I have had a quick look into their background and everything checks out. They have had their website since 2005 and the registered name for the domain is also their business address.

Personally I would contact them and ask what proof do you get with their signed items, its a shame I don't live closer as I would pop along for you to give them the once over.

Let us know how you get on aazz.

Rom may want to check out this item http://www.chequeredflagcollectables.com/ViewItem.php?ItemID=405
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 02:10:37 PM »
Thanks for the link Wiz... unfortunately for me... I'll have to keep wishing... with the exchange rate, that goes above my allowable ceiling for purchase...

Rom  :'(

Online Dare

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »
Come on Rom,open that safe and turn
ooose of some of that cash,we know you
got it
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:47:07 PM »
I wish mate.... I'm spending $1000 today on new tyres

Rom  :'( :'(

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »
$1000 for a set of tyres? That sounds rather expensive...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
and they are for the middle of the range... for top of the line tyres for my car, I would be paying over $1500...

Rom

Offline aazz

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:09:17 AM »
I sent an email to the company about a week before I posted this topic and another email just after I posted the topic and still haven't had a reply. I won't be buying anything from their website, if they can't return an email I don't feel comfortable sending them money. It's a bit of a shame there is a piece on their I am pretty keen on. Thanks for looking into it for me Wiz.

On another note tickets for the Australian GP are now on sale for Advantage Club members and for the general public in late September (I think). This time of year comes around quick these days.
I can't think of anything to write here.

Offline chequered flag

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »
Dear aazz,

My name is Terry Etherington and I run the F1 memorabilia company that you have tried to contact. I am very sorry you seem to have not received a reply to your request as I check the company emails everyday. As you can see I also check links to my site which is why I found this forum so if there is something for me to read then believe me I will read it. I am concerned that your email through the website did not appear in my inbox so I would be very grateful if you could tell me if you clicked directly on the link in the contact us page ? For your further information I have many customers in Australia and always offer a full refund if you are not fully satisfied with anything you purchase. I would be very grateful if you could try and email me again and then I can check 'real-time' so to speak. To the adminstrators of this forum, this is not spam but a genuine reply to a forum member.

Thankyou

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle