collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 368
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11252 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 'Something very unusual happened' - Mosley on Piquet crash  (Read 2855 times)

Online Dare

'Something very unusual happened' - Mosley on Piquet crash
« on: September 15, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
If Renault had kept his mouth both Piquet's wouldn't have said a word so even
Renault probably staged the wreck both Piquet's were prepared to use blackmail
to keep rich boy in F1.They all should have been banned

15 September 2009

FIA President Max Mosley admits that the crash of Nelson Piquet Jr. in last year's Singapore Grand Prix does appear to be suspect. The Renault team remains under investigation for the incident, which eventually helped team-mate Fernando Alonso to victory.

There is no doubt over the fact that Piquet's incident assisted Alonso's victory, as the Safety Car was deployed just a few minutes after the Spaniard's first pit-stop, although the FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) will hear the team's official version of events on Monday 21 September.

"Certainly the data from the car indicated that something very unusual had happened on the corner where he crashed, according to the experts who look at these things," Mosley told The Guardian, "so there was enough there to make it unthinkable not to investigate. This week Renault will send in written documents but the actual hearing of their defence is next Monday."

The FIA President, who will move into retirement next month, also admits that gossip surrounding the incident reached the FIA some time ago. "Two or three months earlier I'd heard this allegation was floating around," he explained. "Of course, there was nothing one could do then because there was no evidence, it was all rumour and hearsay; so I knew the allegation existed but, yes, I was quite surprised they were actually prepared to come forward and make it.

"Nelson Piquet Sr. (father and Manager of Nelson Jr.) came to see me after the Hungarian Grand Prix in late July and said all this had happened, so I listened to him and said 'Well, if Nelson (Jr.) makes a sworn statement then obviously we'll investigate it.' The father arranged for that to happen. We then started to look at all the on-board data and all the recordings we've got of everything that happened in the ca

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: 'Something very unusual happened' - Mosley on Piquet crash
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
Not that it really matters, but how can Max say that the evidence from the car was suspicous, but there was no evidence to start an investigation?

I know it's politics, but at least get the story straight before running someone out on a rail.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 02:21:31 PM »
Maybe the evidence shows something broke on Piquets car and the investigation is a no-go.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »
"Certainly the data from the car indicated that something very unusual had happened on the corner where he crashed, according to the experts who look at these things," Mosley told The Guardian, "so there was enough there to make it unthinkable not to investigate."

"Of course, there was nothing one could do then because there was no evidence"

Which is true?  The data  made it unthinkinble not to investigate?  Or there was no evidence?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
C'mon, Jeri, this is Max. What does evidence have to do with real world data? Next you'll be wanting him to base his actions on actual facts.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »
Maybe his foot slipped off the brake and hit the throttle (assuming he's a right-foot brake kinda guy)...based on his previous races, it wouldn't have been too surprising.   :P :P

Honestly, even with telemetry showing an unusual throttle blip mid-corner, it is everyone's word against the other's.  I don't think anyone was stupid enough to take minutes of their meeting. 

I wonder why Max is so anti-Flav?  The guy even gave him a few helicopter rides to the races with Bernie in tow.  On the other hand, Flav doesn't really come across as a professional team manager in F1 (not that he ever did).  Maybe he should just retire himself and go run his Billionaire's clubs and his Kenyan retreat.  Girls are waiting in hot tubs for him, or so I'm told.   :crazy: :crazy:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle