collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 369
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 981
  • stats Total Posts: 141517
  • stats Total Topics: 22314
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 20
  • stats Most Online: 846

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts
F1 Forum with chat about the latest Formula 1 news from around the World.

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

Click Here to view as a guest with limited access

Formula 1 Forum
Features Free Member Account
Read Posts
Write Posts
Search Posts
Live F1 Race Chat
Play Grid Game (F1 predictions game)
Use Shout Box
Enter Competitions
Send Private Messages
Special Members Areas
Calendar with Upcoming Events
John S
Today at 12:30:21 PM by John S
Views: 1057 | Comments: 0

Seems Brembo jumped the gun in heaping all responsibility onto Red Bull (Max's brake issue Melbourne) and Ferrari (Charles brake issue Bahrain), see link to GPBlog.com below.

Whilst not really accepting any responsibility Brembo have moved  from certainty to - "'probably' that the problem arose from an incorrect adjustment or choice by the team"

Well Brembo which is it - and how soon will it be fixed?

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/266945/update-brake-supplier-know-reason-for-verstappen-s-dnf-red-bull-error.html?campname=highlighted-content&camplink=onderaan
John S
Today at 12:05:34 PM by John S
Views: 529 | Comments: 0

Click thru on 'X' link below to hear, but not see, new RBPT/Ford PU on testbed. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1771178101562544595
cosworth151
March 26, 2024, 04:41:38 PM by cosworth151
Views: 2985 | Comments: 1

The Formula 1 Exhibition is going to make its first North American stop in Toronto. Looks like it runs from May 3rd through July 14th. Tickets look fairly decently priced for what it is.

Looks like you might be in for a treat, Jeri!  :good:

https://f1exhibition.com/toronto/
Andy B
March 25, 2024, 05:48:06 AM by Andy B
Views: 3423 | Comments: 3

Has DR just two GP's to run as he's not performing and was trounced in Melbourne by YT so LL will be upping his training?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/formula-one-liam-lawson-edges-closer-to-fulltime-drive-as-red-bull-puts-pressure-on-daniel-ricciardo/D52TT2MRPRGLPDZXM6KFLUZF2A/
Jericoke
March 24, 2024, 02:08:56 PM by Jericoke
Views: 3154 | Comments: 4

Heroes:

Max Vertappen's brake failure.  I know, celebrating someone's failure is poor taste, but it added some much needed interest to the 2024 season.

Carlos Sainz.  There are a LOT of skills involved in being a top F1 driver, and responding to adversity is a big one.  Sainz has been cast aside by a team he's driven well for.  Knowing his future is in his hands, he has stepped up.  AND THEN he has an appendectomy, and comes back to win his next race!  There is no one more dialed into driving F1 right now.  Most drivers would hate to have this sort of adversity, but it seems like it's just what Sainz needed.

Charles LeClerc.  Second place in the second best car.  Well done Charles

McLaren.  They've put together a great team.  It's no mistake other teams are trying to copy their success.  I think the other teams forget this was a LONG haul to get McLaren from their bottom of the barrel days to their modern pretty good-ness.  Norris and Piastri are talented drivers, getting good results from their good cars.

Alex Albon.  Finishing 11th in your teammate's car might not feel heroic, but finishing 11th in a car developed by a team that honestly isn't being run as an F1 team (which they're working on), that isn't your own car, that the entire time your number one thought is 'don't crash' is quite impressive.  I think with the gloves off, Albon could have done better, but bringing that car home while fighting with Haas' reckless driving is an accomplishment.

Haas.  Double points finish?  I certainly didn't expect that.  I'm not a fan of the drivers, they're still reckless, but they got the job done.

Tsunoda.  VCARB has been a mess so far this year, but solid points is what he needed, and what he got.

Zeroes

Perez.  Is RBR genuinely struggling?  Or is Perez just not up to snuff any more?

Stake.  Of all the millions of dollars of engineering talented involved in F1, getting wheel nuts catastrophically wrong seems so very weird.

Mercedes.  The salary cap was meant to stop a team from dominating.  Job done I guess.  As a Hamilton fan girl it's frustrating to see things go from bad to worse from him.  I'd like to think the team is letting him down, but maybe he really has slipped.

Other thoughts:

Some very visual elements to the race.  Verstappen's brakes exploding in the pit entrance, Russel's car coming to rest like it was folded in half. I've never seen anything quite like either of those in my 30 years of watching F1

I think the F1 drivers as a whole are trying to get away with more and more dangerous moves.  The cars are safe, so no one is (likely) to get killed by a brake test, or a double move, but the sport itself suffers when cars attempting a pass have to think about their safety instead of their pass.

lkjohnson1950
March 22, 2024, 11:34:14 PM by lkjohnson1950
Views: 11335 | Comments: 7

Albon crashed in practice, damaging the tub on his car. Since Williams didn't bring a spare chassis, they have given Albon Logan's car for the race. LS is therefore a DNS. Adjust your picks accordingly.
John S
March 16, 2024, 11:29:48 AM by John S
Views: 25396 | Comments: 1

Williams FW08D never got the chance to race as FIA got wind of it's progress and banned it.

Wow, overcoming a 160hp turbo advantage with 6 wheeler must have shocked the big manufacturers rigid, especially with the rear wing missing.  :D

In article from 2018, linked below, look out for some famous names on the project at start of their F1 careers.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/six-wheeled-formula-one-williams/3196737/
John S
March 13, 2024, 02:23:19 PM by John S
Views: 21174 | Comments: 1

Murray passed away 13 March 2021 at the age of 97. Here is a splendid tribute to him from PlanetF1, including lots of 'Muddy Talkers' legendary gaffes - aka "Murrayisms".   :D :DD

https://www.planetf1.com/features/murray-walker-best-f1-quotes

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle