collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
15843 Posts
Scott Scott
14043 Posts
Dare Dare
12728 Posts
John S John S
10802 Posts
Ian Ian
9723 Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
F1 Drivers / Re: Ralf speaks on childish protests
« Last post by Dare on May 08, 2022, 10:35:00 PM »
During the pit walk I noticed how rude the music and
sports stars are. The only thing most of them know about
F1 is they have Ferrari's and there's two in the race. Almost
makes me wish they'd stop having F1 races here
« Last post by cosworth151 on May 08, 2022, 10:19:23 PM »
During the pit walk in the pre-race show, I noticed Leclerc slip off a necklace & hand it to another team member before he zipped up his fire suit.
« Last post by Dare on May 08, 2022, 08:31:12 PM »
I think part of the issue is, like the article states, Hamilton and Vettel ARE 'elder statesmen' in motor racing, and their actions matter.  Why wasn't the FIA working WITH their elder statesmen to make sure the rules make sense, and will be accepted?

Hamilton and Vettel are being treated like dancing monkeys, why would anyone be surprised when they act like it?  The FIA should have involved them, and any of these disagreements could have been figured out behind closed doors.

Maybe because the FIA doesn't need the elder drivers permission
to make or enforce rules
Yep, since childhood. Mostly in HO scale.
I've never run a car company, much less a 'premium marque'.  But who expected the company to be turned around, without massive investment, in 18 months?

To put things in perspective, the Cybertruck was announced a year before Stroll bought AM, and you still can't buy the damned thing.  If AM actually had designed a built a new car in that time, would you even trust it?

Not to say Stroll knows what he's doing (sounds to me he's more suited to sales than management), but if AM is going to get out of trouble by product development and not just cutting costs, there's no way to suggest there's been enough time to actually do that.
« Last post by Jericoke on May 08, 2022, 03:51:31 PM »
I think part of the issue is, like the article states, Hamilton and Vettel ARE 'elder statesmen' in motor racing, and their actions matter.  Why wasn't the FIA working WITH their elder statesmen to make sure the rules make sense, and will be accepted?

Hamilton and Vettel are being treated like dancing monkeys, why would anyone be surprised when they act like it?  The FIA should have involved them, and any of these disagreements could have been figured out behind closed doors.
Seems things are not all sweetness and light at AM road car operation.

Will Audi/VAG become white knight and take on the whole business just to get the F1 race team?

https://carbuzz.com/news/aston-martin-is-in-huge-financial-trouble
« Last post by John S on May 08, 2022, 02:35:20 PM »
Funny ain't it Wolff and Hamilton wanted Masi sacked as race director for not following the letter of the rules; and now they complain that his replacements are being over eager to enforce rules - to the letter.  :crazy:

Seb does seem to see his role now as the Rodeo Clown in F1 now. Personally not sure whether to laugh or shake my head.  :DntKnw: This may be his last season.
F1 Drivers / Ralf speaks on childish protests
« Last post by Dare on May 08, 2022, 01:53:19 PM »
The were old enough to make our own choices is what
you hear about seatbelt laws here. They save lives

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ralf-schumacher-childish-protests/
General F1 Discussion / Re: Will Miami GP be cancelled?
« Last post by rmassart on May 08, 2022, 07:52:45 AM »
(there’s another one in Zurich with one way glass - from inside looking out…makes most people too nervous to pee)

Went to some toilets in a park in Brussels where toilet doors were basically one-way mirrors. Except that some prankster (I assume!) had put them in the wrong way round. So you were sitting there not seeing out, but everyone else could see in  :D :D

Didn't stop people using the loo - I am sure some people weren't aware the mirrors were inside out.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle