collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 324
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Chatroom  (Read 8847 times)

Offline Ian

Chatroom
« on: February 27, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »
Wiz, has the chatroom gone for good ?

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

Re: Chatroom
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:13:31 PM »
Don't panic! I'm working on it  8)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »
I'm not panicking Wiz, I'm happy your all back. It must have been a nightmare for you sorting it all out though.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 07:44:21 PM »
I'm panicking.  My 8 month old just isn't interested in F1.  (And still has a better chance of making the grid that USF1...)

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 07:55:20 PM »
Jeri, I've been trying to get my boy interested in F1, no luck yet and he's 12.  >:D

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 08:22:42 PM »
My boy used to sit through entire races with me at 5am in the morning, but not anymore...if there's a cartoon on somewhere at the same time as the race, I can't convince him to watch it with me...(he wants me to say 'but he likes Mariokarts!').
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 08:39:50 PM »

My youngest son, 24 years old, is my barometer on how boring a particular race is. He always watches the start if he is at home when a race is on and will go off and do something else as soon as he is bored, that's usually about lap 8 of most races.

He returns periodically during the race and stays if he thinks it's exciting enough. Last race I can remember him staying the whole way through is Brazil, it was Jenson's performance that kept him hooked. :good:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:18:15 PM »
Dad misses a lot of live races these days due to sailing, but will invariably watch them later using iPlayer. Qualifying is another matter - he always asks me before deciding whether to bother or not. He missed about a third of them last year (not counting the second half of Brazil qualifying, which everyone missed because we were out swimming when it was live and only the first half made it onto iPlayer).

Mum watches a lot of the races, but the non-European ones are generally in bits and pieces between working. The European ones will generally see her watching most of the race. However the excitement of a race has absolutely no connection with how much of that race she will watch - if there's nothing more important that needs doing, she'll happily watch a procession, but if work needs doing, the most gripping race won't tear her away from it.

My brother (who moved out a few years ago) still watches the races and is trying to convert his son to becoming a F1 fan, demonstrated at Spa when he texted my dad during the Safety Car, "that was a huge crash on lap 1". Dad (who wasn't sailing that day) observed that it was a pretty silly message given that our house TV had, as usual, been tuned to F1 since the first note of "The Chain"...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »
 :yahoo:  Chat room operational again   :yahoo:

Please try it out to make sure it works for you.  :good:
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Online Dare

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 12:00:42 AM »
thanks Wiz,it works for me
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »
I am currently in the chatroom, seeing if anyone else feels like chatting Sunday afternoon away.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
It's back!!! :yahoo:   Thanks, Wizzo!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline judy

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »
Wizzo,
I suspect that there is still some problem with the chatroom. This is what happened yesterday.

I saw Ali in the chatroom alone, so I entered and chat with her. Both of us chat for a while, then gato entered and joined in the chat. The 3 of us chat for a while. Then, Ali left the chatroom. Gato and I continued chatting for sometime, then both of us left. Immediately after I left the chatroom, I looked at the box 'Chat Room Users' at the left hand side of my PC screen and saw Ali's name indicated in the box. By that time, Ali have left the chat room for quite some time but her name is still there, whereas both myself and gato's name is not indicated.  :confused:

Maybe there is still some technical issues related to the chatroom which does not provide correct info. I was tired yesterday (past 2.00 a.m. my local time), so I did not post to inform you yesterday.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 12:39:25 PM »
Thanks for the info Judy. this sounds like a cache issue and will not affect the operation of the chat room.

If you see this again then click Refresh on your browser and the correct people should be indicated in the chat room.  :good:

Wizzo

Wizzo

Offline judy

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 12:42:59 PM »
Thanks Wizzo!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle