collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 366
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bahrain Heroes and Zeros  (Read 7005 times)

FW14B

Bahrain Heroes and Zeros
« on: March 14, 2010, 05:11:54 PM »
Not seen a thread on this yet, so thought I'd start one:

Heroes:
Alonso- A great first race for Fernando with Ferrari, rather ominous though, I hope they are not this fast everywhere.
Massa- 2nd on his comeback after that horrific accident last year.  Well done Felipe!
Hamilton- Dragged the best out of the McLaren and drove well to get onto the podium.
Vettel- Deserved better than his Red Bull gave him. 

Zeros:
The circuit- Too long and not really as exciting as they had hoped it would be.
Luscious Lizzie- For breaking up and causing Vettel grief.  Is this a problem with Newey's design on the car?
The 2010 regulations- They seem to make for boring racing, if today was anything to go by.

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Bahrain Heroes and Zeros
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »
Heroes:

Alonso - not a foot wrong all race.
Kubica - for making good headway after a first lap gone wrong; he must have done about half the overtaking moves of the race. For that I just about manage to forgive him for hitting Sutil.
Chandhok - for getting into that Hispania car in the first place.

Zeroes:

The Crown Prince of Bahrain - I heard it was his idea to introduce the new section. Its only redeeming feature is the big challenging bump at Turn 6... ...which the Crown Prince would like to remove for 2011 :(
Hydraulics manufacturers - why did so many of your products fail this race?
Webber - I think he lost a place or two when he started sliding all over the place on the last half of the race, thus wearing out his tyres bigstyle.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
Heroes  - Barichello for taking putting a Cosworth powered car ahead of a Mercedes and a Ferrari engine.

Kovalainen for getting a new car to the finish line.

Zeroes - Ferrari already on their second engines?  They're looking at a lot of grid penalties at the end of summer.

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »
Heroes....Massa, what a comeback after that accident
             Vettel for bravely trying to hang on with a sick car
              Chandhok for not bitching

Zeroes... The big one, crap circuit
              These cars are not suited for running a whole race on one tank of petrol
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 08:09:09 PM »
Heroes.....Nico Rosberg beating Schumacher.

Zeroes.....That awful track.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

FW14B

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »
Ian, good call on Chandhok, the guy has really gone up in my estimation this weekend, he has performed well given the adverse circumstances he faced.

david1275

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »
Heroes

Ferrari - For making my weekend. The F10 is all the car I hoped. A great start to the season and long may it continue.

Alonso - A fantastic start to his Ferrari career. He showed true pace keep up with a flying Vettel at the start until his untimely demise.

Massa - A great come back performance after last years horrific accident. I personally hope he has more in reserve to take the fight to his team mate.

Vettel - With the exception of the Ferrari's he seems to be the man to beat. Unlucky today.

Rosberg - Keep it up, your beating a true F1 master at his own game in the same car.

Barrichello - Top placed Cosworth powered car. You still have it, I don't care what anyone says, a true asset to Williams.

Lotus - Getting both cars (just) over the finish line in there first race as a new team.

Zeros

The 2010 rules - Today was a dull race compared to what I was hyped up to expect. The no refueling looks like a mistake to me. I want to see exciting racing not drivers pussy footing about saving tyres doing 2 min plus lap times, 5 secs slower than quli!!!

Red Bull exhaust - I can't really complain because it gave Ferrari the result, but it put a halt to an inspired drive by Vettel, one to watch no doubt.

The Track - Dull

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 08:35:31 PM »
Aah phooey David, you wait until the master gets up to speed again, he'll blow or knock the others out of it.  :P

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 09:21:47 PM »
Ferrari / Alonzo / Massa - for being there at the end and the only ones to get near Vettel

Vettel for an error free race thatshould have been won.

Hamilton for getting a second a lap out of the car that Button couldn't.

Zeroes:

Tilke / Bernie / Bahrain for designing a boring point and shoot track that nobody liked.

Where were they?  Button / Webber / Schumi and Rosberg
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »
Hero's

Alonso,Massa,and Ferrari=showing their back

Schumacher=not the result a lot of us hoped for
                   but for taking a chance for a comeback

Lotus=Probably a horribe car but the Lotus green is back

Zero's

The FIA=another set of lousey rules that give us
             boring races

Tilke=another masterpiece of a track.I'll be glad when
         he gets a real job

HRT=nothing particular other thanshowing up with
        no testing
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Hampster

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 10:23:54 PM »
zeros - the grid girls, they all looked like air stewardesses  :'(

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »
Hampster, think of the country where we were today, very religious, don't panic, you'll soon see some lovelies on the grid.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 09:06:59 AM »
Not that they weren't lovely in Bahrain of course, just to covered up for our imperious western ways.  ;)

Heroes:
Alonso not for winning, that was handed to them, but for that lap 1.58.287. Almost a second and a half faster than anyone else. He is quality.
Massa for just being there after his injury last season.
Nico R for being ahead of Schumacher, the only 'B' driver to beat his more illustrious teamate.
Lotus for finishing and being ahead of Buemi (I know he rietired but he counts!)
Chandhok for being so cool and for loving every minute of it! Really impressed with this guy.
Lewis for dragging that sorry excuse of a McLaren into third.
FI for building what looks like a cracking car.
Kubica for qualifying his Renault way ahead of his teammate and looking competitive.
Heiki and Glock for making it briefly interesting with their early race duelling in the class B F1 division.
Rubens for his post qualifying comment when asked about Shumacher and for showing his class as the top Cossie finisher.

Zeros
Red Bull once again a mechanical failure.
Ferrari for not being able to build 2 engines that last more than qualifying
McLaren for having the same downforce issues one year on
Button for taking it easy.
Luizi for taking out his own teammate
FIA for banning refuelling
The track and its bumps and massive length.
Sauber for flattering to deceive.
Jake Humphreys for being a day out on colour coordination with DC & EJ
Webber for not being able to park and then for his Dick Dastardly antics at the start of the race which took out Kubica.
Bernie banning passes for Physio's so that there are no drivers to interview for Martin on his grid walk.

FW14B

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »
Love the comment about Webber.  Now we know what Newey was busy with all winter, a new smokescreen button  :D

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 09:17:47 AM »
As with Dastardly though, it didn't work out well for Mark. Maybe that's why Vettels exhaust went, he pressed his 'special' button and it knackered his exhaust?!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle