collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 378
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Favourite guilty pleasure movies  (Read 4318 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

Favourite guilty pleasure movies
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:59:32 AM »
We all have them. Those movies that were either universally panned at the box office or generally thought of to be plain crap. Some but by no means all may even have attained cult status. After seeing Jeri's post on that trailer for "Human Centipede" (yeah right Jeri, like Scott said, how could we NOT look  :D ) it made me think of the "crap" movies I like to queue up now and then because I like them.

So, in no particular order here's mine:

Starship Troopers - not simply because of Denise Richards but something about this movie appeals to me. I watch this about once or twice a year.

Godzilla - Cos, this one's for you! Mathew Broderick cracks me up. Hank Azaria too. This one gets watched every couple of years.

Wild Things - Ok, Ok, the very FIRST time I saw it may have been because of Denise Richards who I discovered in Starship Troopers  :D
Add to that the umm, awesome *ahem" lesbian scene with her and Neve Campbell and you got the making of a movie that women might think was made just for pervs like me. HOWEVER, it turned out to be an excellent movie in true film noir style and quickly made me forget about the booty.

All the new "Ocean's" movies..11, 12 & 13. About as close as we'll come again to a Rat-Pack movie. I may have a man-crush on Geroge Clooney though...I dunno! I've watched these at least once a year and generally do a triple feature from about 9PM to 3AM.

That's it for now, I've got more but let's hear yours and the reasons for them!

Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Ian

Re: Favourite guilty pleasure movies
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »
I like... Top Gun...can't stand Tom Cruise but I like the music and flying sequences, oh yes, maybe something to do with Meg Ryan too.  :P  ::)
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online Dare

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »
I like the Dan Brown movies abd the Godfather movies

there's a lot of movies I own but never watch but when there
shown on tv I wouldn't miss them
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 02:14:40 PM »
I love the first, third and fourth Fast and Furious movies.

More Vin Diesel, the better ;-)

One obscure movie I like is 'Mom and Dad save the planet'.  It's literally got three good jokes, over 90 minutes, but they're hilarious.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »
Blues Brothers gets my attention at least once a year.  I'm with Ian on Top Gun...it just gets your heart pumping (warning for Darrell  :P ).  I like the Oceans 11, 12 and 13, but add to that list the Italian Job (the new one).  Finally Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  I actually bought it on iTunes (that's an Apple product) a while back so I have the digital version.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:45:46 PM »
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - I used to go see it at the midnight movies. A theater in Columbus showed it every Saturday night at midnight for about 12 years! I still pull out the DVD every so often.

Plan 9 from Outer Space - Ed Wood at his best! With Bela Lugosi (in footage shot for another movie), Vampira and Tor Johnson. It has one of the all-time worst movie lines: "Future events such as these will effect you in the future!"

King Kong vs. Godzilla - What a Godzilla movie should be: A couple of guys in rubber monster suits stomping around a big model railroad layout!  :yahoo:

Reefer Madness - 1930's vintage propaganda flick about "the horrors of the Devil's weed!"

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 11:05:59 PM »
Blues Brothers gets my attention at least once a year.  I'm with Ian on Top Gun...it just gets your heart pumping (warning for Darrell  :P ).  I like the Oceans 11, 12 and 13, but add to that list the Italian Job (the new one).  Finally Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  I actually bought it on iTunes (that's an Apple product) a while back so I have the digital version.

I'm with you too on The Blues Brothers Scott! Best all-time movie excuse EVER!

"I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!"

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 11:08:52 PM »
I love the first, third and fourth Fast and Furious movies.

More Vin Diesel, the better ;-)

One obscure movie I like is 'Mom and Dad save the planet'.  It's literally got three good jokes, over 90 minutes, but they're hilarious.

Have you seen "Knockaround Guys"? He plays a pretty tough character in that!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211465/

Offline Slugger

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 10:59:50 AM »
Hang on a minute. I thought these were supposed to be guilty pleasures i.e crap movies that you like. Most of the ones mentioned are good movies  :D

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »
Ok then Slugs, here comes a  :-[ ......The Sound of Music.  :-[
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline romephius

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »
My guiltiest admission for owning and watching a known crap movie is.....

Doom....

Bring on the 'ribbing'

Rom

Online cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »
Two that I really like, that Claw_Grrrl can't stand:

Borat and The Cabin Boy
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
My guiltiest admission for owning and watching a known crap movie is.....

Doom....

Bring on the 'ribbing'

Rom

Can you smell el el el el el what the Rock is cookin'?  :D

I liked that one too.

Online Dare

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 07:37:38 PM »
A sci-fi cult classic I love is Robibson Crusoe on
Mars,it's better than it sounds

anybody interested here it is in 13 parts
on Youtube.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Slugger

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 07:18:03 PM »
Now they are very guilty pleasures lol.

Well done Ian you kick started it lol

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle