collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 168
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16157 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: !st Car You Ever Owned  (Read 6819 times)

Online Dare

!st Car You Ever Owned
« on: January 19, 2007, 02:02:56 AM »
   What's the 1st car you ever owned?Mine
   was a Reanault Dauphine I bought in
   1965,which every time I fondly remember
    it I understand why they stopped saling
    Reanaults in America

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: !st Car You Ever Owned
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:18:24 AM »
Ah, yes, I remember it well. $150. worth of 1961 Ford Falcon station wagon! 170 c.i.d. six with a 1 bbl carb. Beautiful finish, too. Did it myself with some 25 cents-a-piece spray cans of John Deere green. It picked up the name The Green Avenger, after a popular squirt gun of the day. It later became quite a sleeper after it aquired a bunch of Mustang parts. (After all, they bolted right on!)

By the way, dare, I have some fond high school memories of a Dauphine. A buddy of mine that I was on the track team with had one. Our warm-up for practice was pushing the damn thing down the scholl drive-way trying to get it to start!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:05:59 AM »
Holden (Opel) Barina..........it was all i could afford.  It came with alloy wheels and a tape deck.  Police pulled me over a few times to ask if I had a turbo in it, guess I drove it a bit hard.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »

I've had company cars for most of my life, all of which were mundane and boring.

When I decided to start my own company I purchased an Alfa Romeo 33 1.5Ti. I had to drive it home from London and I couldn't believe how fast it was and the fabulous sound coming from the boxer engine with twin Webber carbs.

I had just stepped out of a Vauxhall Carlton CD 2.0i and the Alfa would have left it for dead. The downside was the reliability of the electrics, indicators would work when they wanted to, the fuel gauge was more of a compass than an indication of fuel level and fuses would blow with the regularity of popcorn being cooked.

Guess What? I loved it! This is where my love affair for cars started, and I will always remember my little Alfa 33 with great affection.

Sigh

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

davewilson

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 01:12:58 PM »
100E Ex Post office van in G.P.O Red and 3 Gears.windscreen wipers worked off the manifold.
Rust and a little problem of it being wrapped round a tree by a friend who borrowed it for a night,finally put it to rest.
Still i learnt to drive in it,and have fond memories,they dont make them like that anymore....Thank goodness!

The Stig

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »
Mini Metro 1.0

Neil.P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »
Mini Metro 1.0

Neil.P

Enough said
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 10:51:57 PM »
Anglia 105E, what a laugh
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 12:54:43 AM »
Mini Metro 1.0

Neil.P

Enough said

:stop: :nono:

What a Machine that was. Built for pure comfort and refined driving.
The Metro was a pure drivers car, also handy in the Urban environment. it excelled in every way whether it was off-roading it in your local park :-[
or doing 70 MPH down Mcleod Rd only to confronted by a police car at the end :-[
or ripping the engine out on a kerb at Bexelyheath underground carpark :-[

It passed the Neil.P endurance test for three years until one fatefull Summer evening it smashed into the back of someone parked at some traffic lights :DntKnw:

Don't ask me what happened I was trying to change the music on the stereo :good:

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »
 Neil, not another Abbey Woodite mate, my nan used to live off Macloud road Mitchel Close, I used to live in Wickham Lane.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 02:02:09 PM »

Oh God! Must be something in the water  :D

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 09:22:01 PM »
 Yeh, probably scotch  :crazy:

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 10:52:43 PM »
Ian  :yahoo:

I now live opposite Abbey Ruins, officially Belvedere but consider myself an Abbey Woodite!

Big up the Abbey Wood Massive :DD

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »
 Remember the old ruins well Neil, kidding the girls on that they were haunted so they would snuggle up tighter, then up to Lesnes Woods, wahaay  :P

Offline Monty

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »
Mk II Cortina 1600GT, then added lotus suspension and wheels, then half-race prepared the engine, then fitted four barrel Holy carb, then fitted supercharger, then blew up!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle