collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 524
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Barmy Bernie  (Read 7366 times)

Offline Ian

Barmy Bernie
« on: March 02, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Barmy Bernie
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »

Now you've started something Ian, :swoon:   all I get is a picture in my mind of...

....Bernie doing a rain dance on the grid.  :crazy:  :sick:  :stop:   

:nono:  :nono: Some mental images just should not be conjured up.  :D :DD :DD

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »
Has Bernie been hanging out with Charlie Sheen?  :crazy:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »
Hey, let's put jumps in the tracks (with the FIA holding the button for the angle)...for all that added excitement of seeing the cars fly through the air! 

Why just water?  Get some oil sprayers on those extra fun hairpin corners - that ought-a be fun!

A little gravel, and the odd carefully placed shard of carbon fibre or glass would spice things up!

:fool: :fool: :fool:

Hey Bernie, for some of us, racing is entertaining enough - fire Tilke, get some racers to help design the tracks, put them where there are people, and let's get on with it!  Give back a few billion to F1 so the teams can develop fantastic racing machines to race with, and then you go retire somewhere in the sand with your sandbox buddies.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
The idea of flooding an F1 track to 'mix things up' isn't really a new one.

What Bernie proposes is certainly gimmicky, but much less so than a moveable rear wing that can only be used in the flapper usability corridor.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 07:48:07 PM »
So he approves these boring-ass tracks then proposes ways to spice things up because things are boring?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

If it weren't for that extremely young strumpet he likes I'd swear he was losing it...for real....

:tease:
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
I think random sprinklings could be a good idea, but even I draw the line at Bernie's suggestion of a two-minute warning. Bernie's not really the best advocate of ideas, is he?
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 04:35:09 AM »
Joe Saward has an interesting piece in which he points out that pro wrestling was once a sport. Then Vince M came along and made it a " Show". Millions of people now watch on a regular basis, and Vince has made Billions, but it bears no resemblence to actual wrestling. What Bernie proposes is not racing, it's pro-wrestling.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 12:48:05 PM »
Here's a surprise: Pirelli thinks it's a good idea.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89706
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Cam

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »
You couldnt buy the eyeballs this story has received, and people think Bernie is  :crazy:.  He's trying to fill the publicity gap created by Bahrains cancellation (postponement?).

However anythings possible I guess, but if this did happen its not F1 anymore I wont be watching thats for sure.

I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »
Here's a surprise: Pirelli thinks it's a good idea.

Anything to stop their tires from falling apart after 10 laps  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...  :crazy: :crazy:
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 03:46:25 PM »
Good idea, Wats-on. They might get Kimi to come back.  ;)
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 05:02:43 PM »
I think random sprinklings could be a good idea, but even I draw the line at Bernie's suggestion of a two-minute warning. Bernie's not really the best advocate of ideas, is he?

The thing that makes the rain 'interesting' is it's unpredictable nature.

I believe that Bernie's idea has merit... rain is part of F1, he's not advocating anything the teams aren't already prepared for.

It would also make it easier to predict a 'wet' race in the grid game...  :good:

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:20 PM »
Joe Saward has an interesting piece in which he points out that pro wrestling was once a sport. Then Vince M came along and made it a " Show". Millions of people now watch on a regular basis, and Vince has made Billions, but it bears no resemblence to actual wrestling. What Bernie proposes is not racing, it's pro-wrestling.

Lonny

If you believe that 'pro wrestling' was once a legitimate sport, I've got some swamp land in Florida that's about to go condo.  I can get you in on the action for a really good price...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle