collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 561
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Seeking pilgrims for pilgrimage... to silverstone!  (Read 10875 times)

Offline limelee

Seeking pilgrims for pilgrimage... to silverstone!
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »
Hi,

Im a brand new member to the forum. My name is Lee. My interests are Heavy Metal and F1. I didn't join this forum to discuss the finer points of Led Zeppelin IV. I joined it to discuss F1! I have watched F1 since some time around 1991... I remember being ecsatic when Nigel Mansell won the world championship... I would have been 7 at the time. And it wasn't something that i watched with my dad, it was just something that was always drawn too. I've watched 90 % of the last 20 or so years races and have always been fascinated by the intricacies of the fastest sport in the world. As im sure you are too if you are here. Im sure over time you will see me giving my two cents accross these forums but im looking for some help please from all of you.

Last year my love of F1 was finally recognised by someone in my life, my fiance, and she managed to bundle together the cash, in between buying a house and a car and planning a wedding, to buy me a weekend ticket to the british grand prix. Ive never been to a race and this excites me very much. But, she could only afford the one ticket. So i am to go to the british grand prix... it is a pilgrimage i am partaking alone so far. I have tickets to camp for 3 days and im looking for fellow F1 fanatics who are also going on this pilgrimage to join up with on this journey. People i can chat with, drink with and discuss the finer points of whether vettel or hamilton is the better driver. Im based up in manchester so people i can join on the journey from here would be great.

Please help me find these people GPwizard forum!  I understand that this may not be the best place to find these people, but if someone could point me in the right direction that'd be good too!

Lee

Offline Dare

Re: Seeking pilgrims for pilgrimage... to silverstone!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:14:13 AM »
Before we allow our members to go to races with strangers they
have to pass a background test.

Scott wanted this rule after the Monza GP ;)
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »
I'd be willing to meet up with you, but im in the states, and still in highschool....

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:39 AM »
Sorry, the British GP is out of my price range here in Tucson. Interesting to get your take on Led Zeppelin, since you missed the original context of the album. ;)

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:32:02 AM »
Greets from Canada limelee! Hope you find somebody(s) to join up with. I'm sure even if you don't you'll meet all sorts of interesting people on site.

Hope you stick around for a while here too and hang out for a while.

Dare is having a laugh and is referring to two members who went to Monza last year. Much fun was made afterwards on the finer points of their time together.  ;)
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 08:44:33 AM »
Yes Darrell, you've just reminded me that I have a couple of scores to settle.  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum.

Going to races for most of us is few and far between as I'm sure you can appreciate. I haven't been to Silverstone for about 5 years now and this year I have tickets for the Goodwood Festival of Speed, so, again F1 is out of the question for me this year.

Stick around the forum to see if anyone else can help you. Your pilgrimage has been posted on the GPWizard Twitter page so hopefully someone will help you on your quest.

Wizzo
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline limelee

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »
I don't know what happened at Monza last year. Maybe two members went to the race, had a heart to heart and made each other cry but realised they shared a common bond and become very special friends. Maybe they just went to the race, got drunk together, ogled at some Italian girls wearing less than their wives would and screamed at Lewis Hamilton for parking his car in between Massa and the Apex. I'm not sure yet how emotional being at the home of motor racing is gonna be so im not sure which category i'll fall into. But i will be using my own tent and i have been known to ogle!

On a serious note, for those who are in the states... come to England, watch the British Grand Prix, Leave America... It's not got a grand prix, and next years race is in texas... and will be full of Sergio Perez fans and people who don't understand why there are corners... whereas the british Grand Prix will be jam packed full of Mclaren and Ferrari fans and general motor racing buffs. It makes sense!

Maybe not so serious note... still... is anyone actually going the British Grand Prix.

Much love on the twitter post... the pilgrimage has apparently gone viral!!!

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »
Hiya limelee, you've found a great site here, smashing bunch of people on here, with a couple of exceptions, namely the yodeller and the redneck  :tease:. You are gonna love going to a race, I done my 1st one last year, it's wonderful. Wish I could go, I'd meet you.

David

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »
Welcome to GP Wizard Lee and hello from Northern Ireland (I know not as exotic as some members). You just found the friendliest F1 forum on the web. Hope you stick around and join in the fun. I think there are couple of Metal fans on here too including myself, more Metallica than Zepplin me.  ;)

As for the Silverstone, I won't be able to make it this year myself, I have a wife and two kids that really don't care for my addiction to F1. Plus the tax man has this notion that I haven't been paying enough tax on my company car  :crazy:  and has now decided he wants me to pay him.  :(

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 11:16:40 AM »
Maybe they just went to the race, got drunk together, ogled at some Italian girls wearing less than their wives

Lee has got the measure of most of us already!  :DD
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:22:43 AM »
Thats what amazed me about Monza, the Italian women were dressed as if they were going to a ball.

Williamsfan

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:32 AM »
Welcome to the site Lee!  I'd love to go along to Silverstone again but this year it is a little expensive as I have to save up.  Maybe another year though! 

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »
Ahhh Monza. Remember that picture of Ian?  :DD
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:55:31 AM by Wizzo »

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 11:51:43 AM »
 :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  Priceless Wiz.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle