collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 314
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Rescue from fire  (Read 714 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Rescue from fire
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:04:44 AM »
We know drivers have large attachments but this guy clanks as he walks.

I don't want that to ever happen again for anybody.

Defending 2010 champ, Kip Hughes, saved rival driver, Terry Muskratt, from a burning car at the Stock Car Nationals in Ada, Oklahoma.

After witnessing four other fires, one of which was his father who had his lips and nose burned off, Hughes vowed, "I don't want that to ever happen again for anybody."

In an interview with KFOR-TV Hiughes says, "I always said if something like that happens I'm not going to be the guy hanging back because I was seven in the stands with my mother watching this stuff unfold with my dad. So I always just kind of told myself if something like that happens again, I don't think. I just go and do whatever I can."

Upon multiple impacts with other cars, Muskratt became trapped as his car rolled over on its side and burst into flames. Hughes got out of his car and rushed to the scene, ripped away the protective window netting and pulled Muskratt from the car.

Hughes was not injured in the incident although Muskratt's suffered a burned hand and lower back pain after the crash. Despite this, if it weren't for Hughes it could have been much worse.

Source: huffingtonpost.com

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/111100637214/racer-pulled-from-burning-car-by-rival-driver-video#ixzz1a474YycR

Lonny

Offline cosworth151

Re: Rescue from fire
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 12:29:58 PM »
Great job! A truly brave man.   :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle