collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 494
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Is he bigger than F1?  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Wizzo

Is he bigger than F1?
« on: February 26, 2006, 07:34:07 PM »
Formula 1 Supremo Bernie Ecclestone does not believe that the sport would suffer at all if Michael Schumacher leaves after 2006. This is what Bernie had to say about the possibility of Schumacher retiring ......."No driver, no person will ever be bigger than Formula 1 itself. It would take two or three races, then we'd have a new superstar."

Remind me of that old song......"Things can only get........?" Can't remember the words now  ;D

Is there someone to replace Schumacher? and would F1 suffer if/when he retires?

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline vanquish89

Re: Is he bigger than F1?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 07:46:02 PM »
Kimi's the next Schumi! No doubt about it!
vanquish89.... :D

Offline Slugger

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 10:08:07 PM »
Won't suffer if he goes. Only time that would ever happen is if it was a real character that left and he certainly isn't that ;)

sime

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 10:56:41 PM »
New here just registered today so perhaps i should announce my bias's, i am tiafosi and have been since i first saw F1 at about 7.

But to be fair F1 wont suffer when Michael goes, ferrrari will but thats a different story.

My real hope is Ferrari sign Valentino Rossi, might not be as quick in a race as he is in testing but would sure as hell bring some much needed colour to the sport.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 11:48:23 PM »
Hi sime and a big warm welcome to F1 Wizard. Tifosi are more than welcome, it shows passion for a great sport and we value your opinion.  8)

I agree Rossi would be great for F1. Its good to see some of the younger drivers now coming up through the ranks but to have a MotoGP world champ would mean 'all eyes' on the sport and thats got to be good news.

Do you think Rossi could pull off a F1 championship in his first year? Remember Mansell going to Indycars in 1993? Anything could happen!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 11:21:29 AM by f1wizard »
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

sime

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 06:26:19 PM »
Thanks for the welcome

My head tells me he couldnt do it, but the man is just fast, whatever he gets in or on bikes rally cars f1 cars anything so who knows what might happen

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 07:59:28 PM »
Bernie Ecclestone! The mans an idiot, you don't make a superstar in 3 or 4 races. Of course f1 would miss Michael, the man is dedicated, totally focused on THE sport. What other champion has left a winning car to go to a no hoper at the time (ferrari) and bring a team together to build a car that won 7 world championships. In my opinion he IS the GREATIST driver of all time
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

ellie

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 05:59:02 PM »
I know, I'd love to see Schumi in Bernie's shoes when he retires, it would ve nice to see someone who cares more about F1 than the politics in charge.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle