collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 389
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Live coverage of F1 in UK without sky  (Read 3519 times)

Offline hayleylsl

Live coverage of F1 in UK without sky
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
Hi there.

I'm Hayley and I'm very new here, so please excuse me if i am posting in the wrong forum- i did have a scan through of some of the forums but couldn't see any on this topic.

I am a huge f1 fan- have been since i was a kid- as the name implies i'm a lady and i'm also young-ish so i guess i'm not a "typical" f1 fan (i don't even drive myself!)

Anyhow, i digress.

My question is:  is there anywhere i can watch the new f1 season live races- i know the beeb are covering a number of the races this season but i also know sky is showing them- and there lies my problem.  For umpteen reasons i cannot get sky-it just works out too expensive taking out sky telly- i'm currently on freeview- i just cant afford to give sky £50 for a fitting and hd box-or the cost of a subscription to sky sports 1 + 2- i like rugby but i am not really a big fan of other sports...

I am willing to pay per race- and i don't mind if its in another language as i love radio 5's f1 coverage and could deal with that.

I know there is the option of going to a pub but with the early start races here its not a viable option as i don't think many pubs would be likely to be open at 5.00am.  I adore f1- and if anyone can help I'd be delighted.

Thanks in advance,

Hayley

So- does anyone know if such a site exists?

"It's like riding a bicycle around your living room"

Nelson Piquet on the Monaco Grand Prix..

Offline Ian

Re: Live coverage of F1 in UK without sky
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
Hiya Hayley and welcome to the top site going, we don't worry about ages or gender here, it's just one big family.  I'm also praying for a link for the races the B*stard Bloody Corporation are'nt showing, if someone finds one you can be sure it will be posted. Make yourself at home.

Ian
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
Hi Haley,  welcome to our site.  You should enjoy it around here, we have every kind of F1 fan on here, from the most casual to hard core.  But discussions are really friendly with a good dose of teasing.

F1 streams are generally illegal and shut down quickly, but if you join our chat on race day (see the chat link above), there are usually one or two of us watching on a streaming site we have found shortly before the race.  For example I live in Switzerland, but much prefer to stream the UK version for audio and replays (it runs a few seconds behind live usually).  Just show up and ask one of us.

Ahem...you don't by any chance work for Sky or Bernie, do you?  If so, the above is heresay.   :tease:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline hayleylsl

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
Many thanks for the replies :-)

I thought that might be the case with the streaming- hopefully something will come up!

As i said in my above post I've been a mega f1 since i was around 10- i'm 32 now so a good few years.

My heart is always out to Williams as a team- although with the current line-up I've been following Mclaren more and more- i'm a Jenson fan.

As a "second" team i tend to follow what was Renault (Lotus?) and i loved Kubica- such a shame about his first accident rallying then breaking his leg again- i guess the f1 Gods are not a fan of his. I also got a chance to sit in a Renault f1 car a few years ago at the local HSBC bank branch which was pretty amazing.

Being from Worcestershire i followed Mansell during his f1 career...i guess my allegiances aren't very tight!

Thanks again

Hayley

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
Howdy, Hayley. Glad to have you here! Over here in the States, F1 is carried by a minor network that isn't even available in many places. We've gotten used to hunting around the net to find a live feed.

I've been an F1 fan since I was about 10, back in the 1960's.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »
If you can put up with a lack of pictures, BBC Radio 5 will be broadcasting every race live.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
Not for me I'm afraid Ali, can't stand radio broadcasts, sport(especially F1) should be visual.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:06:22 AM »
Not for me I'm afraid Ali, can't stand radio broadcasts, sport(especially F1) should be visual.

With the radio feed Ian you can get a foreign feed[which are
usually left alone]and merge the two together and enjoy the race
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline hayleylsl

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »
It would appear there is a God looking out for me and my formula one addiction- in the shape of my brother!

Thanks to him and his sky i was able to watch most of the practice sessions and all of qually.  I don't know why i didn't think about it before- so although a little anti social i was able to indulge in a  lovely hd quality f1 session.

And he only lives up the road!  I was very pleased.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
Congratulations, Hayley!  :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle