collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 368
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 10 Great cars time forgot  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: 10 Great cars time forgot
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
I've wanted a 914 since I first saw on at a Porsche dealer in 1970. It's just too bad Porsche didn't go ahead with the 916 version.

The GLH was one of the all-time great sleepers. They cause much embarrassment to muscle car drivers back then.

I have a friend that owned a Contour SVT when they first came out. Wonderful little sports sedan.

The new Goat was a legendary GM screw-up. Even long-time Pontiac fan and former GTO owner Claw-grrrl didn't like them. Imagine paying a small fortune for one and having people ask you if it was a Grand Am or a Sunfire. They didn't even have the GTO iconic hood scoop on the first year's cars.

The NSX and the Cobalt? Are you kidding?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:50:46 PM »
Did time really forgot NSX and RX-7? The two greatest Japanese machine among few? How can anyone forget NSX, its the darling of Honda enthusiast, for few like myself, the car that beholds the input of Ayrton Senna, forgotten??
And about RX-7, probably the most awesome rotary engine ever produced by Mazda with its God-like treatment in the Japanese arena as well as in the import scene, forgotten?
And the classic DB2 forgotten?? 
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Willy

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:00:00 AM »
oh come on...the Cobalt???? Pontiac GT?????
crap maybe, not great.

there are many cars that are not widely remembered that were fine cars that are missing from this list.
what about the 72 240Z?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 04:26:18 AM »
The original Z was amazing, but most people remember it quite well. These are cars that were overlooked. The GTO was an excellent car doomed by blah styling; The Cobalt SS was an inexpensive car that had excellent performance. It had as much in common with the standard Cobalt as the Abarth 500 has with the standard FIAT 500. I always thought Porsche made a mistake building both 4 and 6 cylinder 914s. Especially since the 4 was based on the VW engine.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle