collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 505
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 6696 times)

Offline Irisado

Hello Everyone
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »
I'm new to the boards, but not to Formula 1.  I started watching full time back in 1995, but the first race I saw on television was the 1994 Italian Grand Prix, which always sticks in my mind, owing to the first lap pile up triggered by Irvine.

My interest isn't as strong these days as it was in the 1990s and first half of the 2000s, but I still watch all the races.

Anyway, I just thought I'd make a brief welcoming post, and I hope to participate in some of the discussions here.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline cosworth151

Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »
Howdy, Irisado. Glad to have you here! We're always happy to have another F1 fan around. Look around the board & make yourself at home.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 10:58:20 AM »
A big welcome to you Irisado.   :good: :good:

Tell us a bit about yourself - where you're from, who your favourites are.  We've got quite a mix here, people from around the globe - I myself am a transplanted Canadian living in Switzerland.  RBR favourite team (a Newey fan really), but I'm a huge Kimi fan, fond of Button and a soft spot for the Sauber boys.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »
Get stuck in Irisado, as you can imagine, there's a lot of differing opinions on here, the one thats like marmite is the opinion on Schumi, you either like him or hate him.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »
Welcome Irisado, I just got to know these people about a year, and now I feel like they are like family. Each of our active member has their own specialty in F1 race from historians to race engineers to regulation crackers to simply mad fan like me, with one thing in common we all love this sports..

Join in the post and if you can make it, join us in the chat room during the race, believe me your watching experience will never be the same...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

David

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »
Welcome to GP Wizard Irisado, you just found the best forum on the web, completely plonker free! I'll let you make your mind up on my last comment.  ;)

vintly

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 11:17:41 PM »
Welcome Irisado. If this forum was a beach, the sun would be shining, and there would be a rainbow up in the sky.

Although a rainbow would mean it was raining, or had just been raining. Ah well, the sea would be shimmering too.

:D

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 11:24:23 AM »
Thank you one and all.

Just to fill in some additional information, you can find out quite a bit of stuff from my profile, but in terms of my Formula 1 preferences.  I'm a life long Minardi fan, and I'm still unhappy that the team was sold to Red Bull, as it lost its identity completely, in spite of the preservation of the Faenza factory.

I'm also a fan of old school circuit design.  I dislike the modern tendency to take out gravel traps, and allow drivers get out of jail free cards.

I also liked the unreliability of Formula 1 cars, and I get very frustrated by the consistently high number of cars which finish races now.  To me, that's not Formula 1, it's more like a single make formula.

As far as the current grid is concerned, I'm a Hispania (I refuse to call them HRT, as that name change was a silly idea) fan.  Stop sniggering at the back there, I have my reasons :D.  I'm also a supporter of Fernando Alonso.  I'm not a fan of Vettel at all, so 2011 wasn't my favourite season of Formula 1 for obvious reasons, so I'm enjoying this season a lot more.

Oh, and as vintly picked up on, you could say that I have an interest in writing rather poetically in Spanish :D.

I think that's probably enough background for now, but feel free to ask if I've missed anything out.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »
Looks like we will have a company of another passionate fan of F1 indeed.

I am also a great fan of Minardi, and I refuse to believe that is a nursery of RBR team. I have a soft corner for Sebastian Vettel, because he won the only grand prix victory in Italy for this team. I still remember how I was screaming in joy.

Don't hurry buddy, if you are around we will have plenty of ways to discover your interest and everything..

And I would like you to join our Grid Game as I am inviting you on behalf of our friend Dare and Rom, that we the forum people play. You will find all about it in the Grid game section..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
I may have already stumbled into that game before your invitation :D.  Either way, it looks like good fun to me, and thanks for inviting me.

I really wish that Minardi could have stayed as Minardi.  The end of the 1990s and first half of the 2000s were just ridiculously tough for small teams though.  I kept saying that the manufacturer bubble would burst, and that then the sport would needs its independents, and sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 01:58:34 AM »
The 2002 Minardi was one of my favorite F1 paint jobs,a
beautiful car.

I also have a black Minardi jacket.It got one comment froma fan at the store once,he was behind me all he said was 'Minardi',We'll I like it and that'sall that
matters :D

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 12:36:15 PM »
I'm a Minardi fan myself. I still wear some of my Minardi kit every so often. The one piece I don't wear is a 2005 team shirt that Christijan Albers autographed for me at the U.S.G.P. That one is framed and hanging on my wall.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
I have the old Minardi watch from 1999.

I was more of a fan of the pre-Stoddart era at Minardi.  I don't have anything against Paul, and I'm glad that he kept the team going for as long as he did, but it was more Italian before he took over, and I feel that it lost a little bit of its character during that final period.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle