collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 370
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Xbox  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Scott

Xbox
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »
My son (13) just bought himself an Xbox and I'm a bit disappointed in it.  Mainly that it seems about 95% of the good quality games available for it are 16 or 18+.  I can't stand the first person shooter games, but unfortunately that seems to be his main goal.  I am considering the F1 2012, but not sure I can convince him to spend time playing it instead of the death and mayhem available on his type of game.  Any suggestions?  I would love to find a good adventure game sort of like Myst to get him interested in using his brain instead of just his reflexes.  Suggestions welcome.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

Re: Xbox
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 08:43:52 PM »
Sorry Scotty,I always liked pc games and they too
are getting hard to find.Hate to sound like a broken record
but the best racing game ever is GP Legends,old but still
available
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:53:31 PM »
Unfortunately not for Xbox or Mac  :(

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »
Of course he likes the first person shooter games Scott, but beware, they get really het up over them, Kyle was a nightmare on his PS3 with the COD games, shouting, stamping his feet, ended up taking his controller away, thank gawd he ain't got it any more and he's out on his bike with his friends.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 09:29:03 PM »
My ex-stepson enjoyed "The Legend of Zelda" but I have no idea if it's available for Xbox. It's an adventure quest, with a bit of everything.
Lonny

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:26:39 PM »
I have never actually played it, but Portal 2 is supposed to be amazing. It is some sort of puzzle game where you use portals to get around (I think) A friend of mine really enjoys it, and my calculus teacher was talking it up recently

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/

Offline Philbe

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 11:44:07 PM »
I like Assassins Creed...you have to solve puzzles and off people but in a clever way. Zelda is a nintendo franchise. Need for speed series are good fun. Just not grand theft auto..nasty. Gears of War is meaningless slaughter and gore. Crysis is good fun..lots of offing people but not gory at all and good puzzles to solve. I can't do FPS games on xbox as I can not get the hang of aiming with the joysticks on the controller. Oh and Halo is popular..I find it dull though.

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 01:23:35 AM »
Gran Turismo on PS3 is the greatest.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
I have never actually played it, but Portal 2 is supposed to be amazing. It is some sort of puzzle game where you use portals to get around (I think) A friend of mine really enjoys it, and my calculus teacher was talking it up recently

Portal 2 is an excellent puzzle game. The voice-overs from Stephen Merchant make it very very funny indeed. My only criticism is that it is quite short and only took a few hours to complete. Maybe a victim of it's own success because I couldn't stop playing it.

Its an acquired taste though, Mrs Wiz couldn't understand it didn't like it much.  ;)

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Williamsfan

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 08:19:09 PM »
Firstly I'll assume you meant the Xbox 360  ;)

I play it a bit (quite a big gamer), there are lots of gems out there that don't involve killing if you look around.  Wizzo's suggestion of Portal 2 is a good one.  It is played in the first person perspective but it is a weird puzzle solving game involving gravity and goodness knows what else.  I really like the Lego branded games like Lego Batman or Lego Lord of the Rings, there is an element of puzzling and they are good value for money, plus there is not much killing (just knocking over minifigures) and they are humorous.  Rayman Origins was a fantastic little platform game, the levels can be quite difficult so you often need to go through them a couple of times to plan how to do them without dying.  All of these games are suitable for your son and none have killing. 

Racing game wise, I really liked:
F1 2012- Does what it says on the tin
WRC 2013- Same as above.
Forza Motorsport 4- A realistic racing game with lots of sports cars.
Forza Horizon- Similar to the game above, but more it is a bit less realistic, easier to get into.
Need for Speed Most Wanted- A real arcade racer.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 08:10:04 AM »
Picked up Portal 2 yesterday, but haven't unveiled it to the kids yet.  He got bored of the lego ames quickly when he had them on the old Wii that we have now donated to a kids corner at the hotel.  I saw F1 2012 yesterday as well and WRC 2012, but both are German only, so I will see if I can order the english versions from Amazon (they often have various language).  Is there THAT much difference between the F1 2012 & 2011 versions?  Because there's about $40 difference in cost.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle