collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 521
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Grosjean's contract  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Alonsofan

Grosjean's contract
« on: May 27, 2013, 08:35:03 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere previous about Grosjean being on a three race rolling contract or even if it is true, but today I overheard that as Monaco is race three of his current "three races" there is a rumour he might not even make the grid in Canada.

Has anyone heard anything about this at all?

Offline Dare

Re: Grosjean's contract
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 08:45:20 PM »
Haven't heard a thing about the 3 race contract.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 09:16:58 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22676243

I just found this Dare. At the bottom it confirms the rolling contract but not the rumour about him being dropped.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 10:58:29 PM »
I guess the question worth discussing is who could replace Grosjean?

Does Lotus have a test driver experienced with this year's car (and more importantly, tires?)

Would they pluck a driver from Caterham?  (Or another Renault powered team?)

Heikki fits the bill, doesn't he?  Has there ever been a team of Finns? 

I think I'd like to officially start that rumour right here.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:21:10 PM »
The rumour was touted in the BBC commentary during the highlights, just after Grosjean hit the wall. The three-race contract thing was news to me, though I knew he'd had some sort of restriction on it (I'd assumed before this that it was simply an expediated exit procedure if Lotus was unhappy or something).

Davide Valsecchi is Lotus' reserve driver, so there would be an Italian on the grid for the first time since the start of last year if the rumour becomes true. He's not experienced with cars or tyres, so the threshold for Romain keeping his seat has to be pretty low. (Kovalainen's auditioning to re-enter Caterham, and while I think he has a good chance of getting in there, it's unlikely to be quite this early in the season).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »
I also didn't know about the rolling contract.  No wonder Grosjean has looked like a man under pressure at times this season.  Monaco was a very bad weekend for him, but he has generally done a better job of keeping his nose clean this year, so I don't think that it would benefit Lotus to replace him at the moment.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle