collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 969
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Dave Newsham - BTCC  (Read 9270 times)

Offline Vince

Dave Newsham - BTCC
« on: March 13, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »
Just thought you might be interested to know that I work alongside BTCC driver Dave Newsham during the day. He is the MD of the vending company that we both work for and I am the sales manager. Check us both out at www.norscottvending.co.uk 'Meet the Team' page. He is driving the AmD Ford Focus for 2014. With 7 ex-champs on the grid and up to 30 cars on the grid, it should be a good season to say the least. If anyone has any questions for Dave about his entry or about BTCC in general, let me know and I'll be pleased to ask him for you...   

The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.
Murray Walker

Offline Irisado

Re: Dave Newsham - BTCC
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 04:58:48 PM »
Has the complete entry list been published for this year?  I'd like to have a look at it if you've got a link.

Has Dave got any targets in mind for this year?

I'm looking forward to the new season.  It never fails to be exciting.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 07:32:06 PM »
Fantastic!  :good:

We don't get BTCC state side, but all the races are on youtube. They are what get me through these raceless winters. BTCC in my opinion some of the worlds most exiting racing.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
Any Ford racer is OK with me!  :yahoo:

Like PG said, it a bit rough to follow BTCC over this side of the pond, but worth the effort.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Vince

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 08:57:01 AM »
Hey Trisado - Thanks for your message... Dave did win a couple of races and had a total of 6 podiums in 2012 driving probably the oldest car on the grid - a Vauxhall Vectra. Despite the huge amount of talent on the grid this year, he is hoping to add to both tallies if possible however initial testing has shown that last years champ Andrew Jordan is already head and shoulders above most others in his Civic. To answer your question regarding entries - a list is available and I believe that there is only one place now up for grabs... And that is the last Ford Focus place at Motorbase. Mat Jackson is hoping to be confirmed for the seat if he can raise the dosh...
Murray Walker

Offline Vince

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 09:05:11 AM »
The entry list for this years BTCC can be found here -
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/btcc-2014-confirmed-entries-and-rumours-regularly-updated/
But this is how it stands at the mo... First race is at the end of the month. Final test session is at Media Day at Donington on Tuesday 18th March when the cars are officially rolled out to the world's press...
Murray Walker

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »
Hi Vinceyboy, good to have you as a member -hope you enjoy the site like the rest of us.  :good:

I have a question for Dave:- If he finds himself hard on Plato's tail approaching Paddock hill bend will memory of the incident from 2012, in the season opener when he was fired off, bring the red mist down?  ;) :D  I was there on the day and it was a well dodgy move on Jason's part.  :crazy:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 04:04:45 PM »
Hey Trisado - Thanks for your message... Dave did win a couple of races and had a total of 6 podiums in 2012 driving probably the oldest car on the grid - a Vauxhall Vectra.

If I recall correctly that was ES racing wasn't it?  Assuming my memory isn't failing me, I remember that well.  Yellow cars winning races tend to stick in the mind (I hope).

Thanks for the entry list.  There's a few old faces on that.  Are Giovanardi and Menu definitely coming back?  Great if they are, and it would appear to be the case.  Also, yet another return from Chris Stockton.  I thought that driving those unreliable old Lexuses had put an end to his career; glad to see that it's not the case.

The obvious people missing from last season, apart from Jackson, are Wrathall and Onslow-Cole.  I wonder where they've disappeared to.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »

The obvious people missing from last season, apart from Jackson, are Wrathall and Onslow-Cole.  I wonder where they've disappeared to.

Tom Onslow-Cole had the Motorbase/Airwaves BTCC 2nd drive, partnering Giovanardi, in his pocket but has opted to go sports car racing instead. I'm sure he's not afraid to take on Fabrizio, but his contract may not have allowed it - like in his days partnering Chiltern.  ;) 

Mat Jackson still may get the Motorbase drive instead, however he is having budget problems, so it's anyone's guess.

I can't offer anything on Wrathall though.  :DntKnw:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Vince

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 10:10:13 AM »
Frank Wrathall is currently serving time at Her Majesty's Pleasure for knocking over and killing a cyclist while using a mobile phone at the wheel of his car. The Dynojet team have been sold and now form part of the new United Autosport team. Yes, both Menu and Giovanardi are confirmed as driving this year - Menu in a Passat and Giovanardi in a Motorbase Focus (effectively Dave Newsham's team-mate!). No news as yet on Mat Jackson however as it is Media Day tomorrow, I'm sure his inclusion will be announced then if at all. Yup, Trisado - your memory serves you correctly - Dave was racing the old, yellow Vauxhall Vectra as part of ES Racing along with Chris James back in 2012. He received the coveted 'Fans Favourite' trophy at the end of the season which he keeps on his desk at work...
Murray Walker

vintly

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
I haven't followed BTCC before, but I might now. Great to have someone on the forum so close to the 'inside', nice one Vinceyboy  :good:

Offline Vince

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 11:59:38 AM »
Cheers Vintly - appreciated... The first race at Brands on the shorter 'Indy' circuit is the season opener at the end of the month. All races are shown live on ITV 4 along with the support races... For motorsport fans, a good 6 hours of coverage in total...
If anyone has any questions with regards to the racing or the way things work in BTCC, let me know and I'll endeavor to find the answers for you.

Murray Walker

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 12:47:42 PM »
Hey Vinceyboy,

I have loved BTCC for as long as I can remember and I'm sitting here in my office look at the many models I have of past BTCC cars, (my office is slowly turning into a shrine for motorsport as Mrs Wiz is sick of the sight of it all!).

It's fantastic to have a 'link' to the inside of a BTCC driver. If there is anything that GPWizard can do to further Dave's cause then please let me know.

All the best.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Vince

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
Hey Vinceyboy,

I have loved BTCC for as long as I can remember and I'm sitting here in my office look at the many models I have of past BTCC cars, (my office is slowly turning into a shrine for motorsport as Mrs Wiz is sick of the sight of it all!).

It's fantastic to have a 'link' to the inside of a BTCC driver. If there is anything that GPWizard can do to further Dave's cause then please let me know.

All the best.

Wiz

Hey Wiz - many thanks for that, appreciated. Dave is out of the office till Wednesday following Media Day, however I'll pass on your comments. As far as he is concerned, the biggest problem really is funds (or lack of them) as BTCC drivers, with the exception of Plato and possibly one or two others, don't get paid for racing. Anyone interested in offering sponsorship (with obvious race hospitality, etc) would be welcomed however. Prices start from only Ģ1,600.00+VAT for the season.
I don't really want to advertise on here as it's not the done thing,  :nono: but if anyone is genuinely interested, please PM me and I can get a pack sent out with all relevant details, etc.
Murray Walker

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »
Hey Wiz - many thanks for that, appreciated. Dave is out of the office till Wednesday following Media Day, however I'll pass on your comments. As far as he is concerned, the biggest problem really is funds (or lack of them) as BTCC drivers, with the exception of Plato and possibly one or two others, don't get paid for racing. Anyone interested in offering sponsorship (with obvious race hospitality, etc) would be welcomed however. Prices start from only Ģ1,600.00+VAT for the season.
I don't really want to advertise on here as it's not the done thing,  :nono: but if anyone is genuinely interested, please PM me and I can get a pack sent out with all relevant details, etc.

There are a lot of motorsport connected people that keep one eye on GPWizard, (even if they haven't joined up as a member), so any conversations regarding BTCC will be viewed by many.

I run a business in Essex and I have nearly leased hospitality boxes at both Silverstone and Brands but to be honest its not quite what I wanted i.e. tickets to every event is lovely but now I have to attend or staff every event, every weekend!! I can't promise anything but I would be interested in having some details regarding sponsorship.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle