collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 337
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Not new, but making a return in a blaze of Martini fueled glory  (Read 15258 times)

guest3164

Not new, but making a return in a blaze of Martini fueled glory
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
So, I came, I went, came back and had to leave again.  Now I am back again and hope to stay around for longer.  I have had a lot of stuff to deal with at home (I have ended up as a full time carer to an elderly relative) and it was best to just leave but whilst the situation is ongoing, I feel the urge to just talk more about F1. 

This of course has nothing to do with the exceptional form of my lot in comparison to recent years.  No, absolutely nothing... 

Offline Scott

Re: Not new, but making a return in a blaze of Martini fueled glory
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »
 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Glad to have you WF.  We've missed you a ton, and of course many of us think of you every time we see Bottas up on the podium.  Your lot have done VERY well of late, and if I remember correctly, Massa had your eye as well.  You certainly have a ton to be proud of.

Really, really glad to have you back WF.  Hope only for the best with your personal matters.  Ill relatives can create a really emotional time for us all.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »
Great to have you back WF. I think mostly everybody is glad Williams are back with a bang. Best wishes for your family.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »
Welcome back. I understand how you feel as I care for my 96 year old mother. Gotta make some time for yourself or you'll go full bonkers.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:07:09 PM »
Grand to hear from you again! You're always welcome here. As Scott said, seeing Williams back to the front made us think of you.

I hope all goes well with your family.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 10:33:42 AM »
A very big welcome back WF.  :yahoo:

I have added a few posts to your account so you can access all the members areas as before.   :good:

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

guest3164

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 11:18:12 AM »
And there was me thinking I'd posted a hell of a lot during my sleep!  Cheers Wizzo, and thanks for the welcome back everyone. 

Honestly, the return isn't to do with my bunch's return to some semblance of form.  That is just an added bonus.  LK, it isn't easy, is it?  My Gran is the same age and although my mum is here, she cannot do a lot of the work as she never really recovered her arm function after breaking it a few years ago.  I got tendonitis in my hand a few months ago which has stopped me playing tennis (one of my other passions) from lifting my Gran's legs.   

As for F1 itself, I am delighted with how things are going this year but have felt Williams have missed a couple of opportunities, particularly Massa who arguably could have beaten Ricciardo to a win earlier this season.  Bottas is sensational and I just wish he had a more reliable partner.  Sadly Scott, the only thing Massa has really had to do with my eye is make me want to poke it out.  But I'll support him as best I can until someone takes his seat.  That said, it's our best line-up for many years, probably since Rosberg/Webber.

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 04:53:27 PM »
Oh maybe that was it...you were on my side with my dislike of Massa.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 08:25:02 PM »

Welcome back, again, WF - glad you're back in time to bask in the glow of Frank and Claire's success.  :good: 

Mind you if you keep up all this disappearing and re-appearing we'll have to change your moniker to WTF.  :tease:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

guest3164

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 08:35:03 PM »
I come and go like Williams form, only hopefully this time we're both back to stay! 

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »
WF make sure you have a go at the new look Grid Game (top left menu > Race Entry) hopefully it's self explanatory.

Check out all the links in the Grid Game menu to see what it's all about. You obviously won't win this year but it will give you a feel for it and more importantly remind us if we have anything to worry about.  ;)

Any questions then please ask.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Irisado

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »
Welcome back :).  Real life always has to come first, but it's great to see you return.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

guest3164

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »
Hi all and sorry for vanishing again, but real life took a sad turn a couple of weeks ago and my Gran passed away following a very short illness (caused by a tiny cut to the back of her leg that her GP wouldn't come to check).  Haven't felt like posting and have felt rather redundant given that the caring just suddenly stops leaving a gaping void in life.  Unfortunately for me, the situation won't get easier, my mum and I now need to plan on moving away from the family home as it has to be sold and staying in London isn't an option so things are probably going to get harder before they get better!  I'll try to post though throughout.

Was hoping for the GP to provide a bit of cheer but ended up feeling even worse afterwards.  Hoping Jules is okay.

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 02:39:18 PM »
That's really tough WF...hang in there.  Sincere condolences for you and your Mum.  Life is real, and with that comes the good and the bad.  When it leaves a gaping hole, the trick is to pile your energy into something new. 

Hang on through the rough bits and know you can always hang your hat or your heart out here at GPW.

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 04:09:02 PM »
Sorry to hear your news WF, all our thoughts are with you and your Mum.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle