collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Jules Bianchi  (Read 5685 times)

Offline Andy B

Jules Bianchi
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:04:59 AM »
Sadly Jules Bianchi has passed away due to the injuries he sustained in Japan. R.I.P. Jules

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Steve A.

Re: Jules Bianchi
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:43:05 AM »
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/17/jules-bianchi-dies-at-age-25-his-family-confirms/

Very sad, I thought, hoped that Senna would be the last F1 driver to lose his life in F1. Rip Jules.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »
Sad news indeed. Before the accident, many of us here thought that he would become a great driver. R.I.P., Jules. Condolences to his family, friends & team mates.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 03:59:10 AM »
Its very difficult for me to fathom the news, because the instance Jules get his ride going in Marussia, I just fall in love with him. He always had something up in his sleeve. I wanted him to be the next Ferrari driver.

20 years ago I witnessed my hero depart, then saw massive improvement in safety, crashes were there, but all walkaway with least of injuries, and then Jules leaves us again..

I am sure he will be racing in heaven, because he left us too soon...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 08:30:54 PM »
The FIA have announced they will retire number 17 in memory of Jules. Not sure what to think, good that it does honour his memory but would it be better to use the number in his memory.
I'm sort of in the retirement camp, and hope that Manor have something on their cars from now, maybe name each model starting with JB.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 01:11:26 AM »
The FIA have announced they will retire number 17 in memory of Jules. Not sure what to think, good that it does honour his memory but would it be better to use the number in his memory.
I'm sort of in the retirement camp, and hope that Manor have something on their cars from now, maybe name each model starting with JB.

Hopefully 17 will be the only number so retired.  I think that will serve as an excellent reminder that the job of safety is never done.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 01:53:42 AM »
I think it has to be kept in perspective however sad it is, these guys are not forced to get into the cars and in the main are very well rewarded and even though safety has improved enormously from the days when drivers died regularly it is still a dangerous sport.
I too hope that Jules will be the last or at least for a very long time.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »
I've been away and was shocked when I heard about this. A sad sad day for F1 indeed.

RIP Jules
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Online cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 12:45:18 PM »
Max Chilton, Bianchi's team mate at Marussia, dedicated his first win in the Indy Lights series to Jules' memory. The race was at Iowa Speedway this past week-end.

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/max-chilton-wins-indy-lights-race-memory-former-teammate-jules-bianchi
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 11:30:28 AM »
Ciao Jules, RIP.  A sad way for your talent to be extinguished.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 05:40:44 PM »
2014 Jules Bianchi onboard Monaco.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 05:32:41 PM »
A very sad end to a possible world champion, he had a lot of talent

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 01:45:58 AM »
Wow, I totally missed this.  Only been on here a minute or two each day's hole I'm away.  So sad.  I'm still soooo angry that it happened.  FIA have a lot to answer for.

RIP Jules.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle