collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 368
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hello Fellow F1 Fans  (Read 12546 times)

Offline ChrisCurtis

Hello Fellow F1 Fans
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting me join. I'm Chris, and
I've been an F1 fan now for over 30 years.

I've joined off the back of the FB page and hope to take part in some interesting F1 discussions and debates.

Senna is my all time greatest driver and I currently support my local driver, Lewis.

See you around!

Offline Scott

Re: Hello Fellow F1 Fans
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:09:58 PM »
Hi Chris - welcome to the forum.  Make sure you sign up for the Grid Game competition before the season starts and think about joining us on live chat during the races - it's a really good group.

There are a couple of Lewis fans around, so you won't find yourself picked on too much  ;)  No, it's all fun.  :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:57:52 PM »
Hiya Chris, welcome mate to the friendliest site going, pleny of repartee but none of it's malicious.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »
Hi Chris,

Welcome to GPWizard, put your feet up and make yourself right at home. There's beers in the fridge.  ;)

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
Hi Chris and welcome to GP Wizard its a great environment for your F1 fix among a pleasant bunch of like minded people.
You say your local driver is Lewis so you either live in Monaco or St Evenage, he is also was my local drive as I lived in Ware for 30+ years.

P.S. There's no beers in the fridge as I've drunk them.  :crazy:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 09:03:32 PM »
Howdy, Chris! Glad to have you here!

There's always something going on around here, even during the off season. Once the season gets started, drop by the Chat Room during the races. We always have a good time.

BTW, Andy, I wondered who got all the beer.  :P
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline ChrisCurtis

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 10:36:51 PM »
Ah, thanks for making me feel so welcome guys. The way you describe the forum is exactly the kind of chat and banter I'm hoping to find.

I live in Welwyn Garden City, just down the road from Stevenage. I've got a photo of me somewhere with Lewis's dad in WGC Morrisons lol.

Cheers!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 10:54:28 PM »
Welcome to the GPWizard community, ChrisCurtis, and hope you enjoy contributing to the community.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »
Welcome to GPWizard,  great place friendly and welcoming.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:39:13 PM by Steve A. »

Offline Irisado

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »
I live in Welwyn Garden City, just down the road from Stevenage. I've got a photo of me somewhere with Lewis's dad in WGC Morrisons lol.

I live not far from you, well for another four days anyway, and someone I used to work with taught Italian to Lewis Hamilton when he was a child.  Hamilton has made Hertfordshire famous :D.

Welcome to the forum :).
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »
Welcome to the F1 fun house Chris, this is the best site by far for civilised and friendly discussions about F1 and just about anything really. I see you have already started posting in topics, so welcome to the club.

- You'll have to join our Grid Game too of course before the start of the season
    - closely fought but really good prizes for the top 3.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hamilton has made Hertfordshire famous :D.

It's not so much that Lewis has made Herts famous it's more to do with the lack of recognition for a county of over a million souls by the BBC and other Media.

Our local news is either all about London or Cambridge/Luton/MK/Norwich. I'm sure Essex the only bigger population bordering Herts feels the same.  :(

I'm presently in Hertfordshire too, Bishop's Stortford to be precise - have been for many years, In all that time only murders, serious fires/road/rail or other accidents is all that seems to get covered in Herts by the so called regional TV, and national media in general. We don't even deserve our own radio station for over a million people - we have to share 3 counties radio which is all based around MK (Bucks) and Luton (Beds).  ::)

Even poor old Essex gets it's own Radio station.  :D

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:06:14 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline BraydenSoh

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 01:11:55 PM »
Welcome to GPWizard Chris! Every here calls me Lon. Supporter of Kimi over here.

Joining GPWizard will definitely be one of the best decision you have made. Looking forward to chatting with you during race! Do take part in the Grid Game as well! It's simple and fun!
'The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.' - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 04:37:51 PM »
Welcome to GPWizard Chris, believe me if you are passionate about F1, you are in good hands here  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Finally nice to meet someone who have the combination of being a Senna fan and currently supporting Lewis. I think you will blend here just fine.

Please try to join us during our live-race chat, and don't forgot to join our Grid Game party, at times it is much better than the actual season of F1.

Welcome abroad my friend, great stories awaits  :D
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Andy B

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 02:28:36 AM »
Ah! Bishops Stortford John S many a beer has been drunk while watching BS v Hertford in the oval ball game that is!.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 11:45:14 AM »
Ah! Bishops Stortford John S many a beer has been drunk while watching BS v Hertford in the oval ball game that is!.

Went to school in Hertford at the only place playing Rugger in the immediate district, so I'm kinda torn when it comes to matches between the two. Yup you've guessed it - refuge in the bar.  :D 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle