collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 520
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso Wins Daytona  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Alonsofan

Alonso Wins Daytona
« on: January 27, 2019, 09:20:25 PM »

Offline Calman

Re: Alonso Wins Daytona
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 10:03:11 PM »
Our man would win anything, should he have competitive equipment below him!!!  (now, Alonsofan, it's time to find a cold flannel - that's an order!!).  :DD :DD :DD

Let's face it, Fernando would be highly competitive in a Penny Farthing race!!!

Seriously though, well done Fernando, Abbaman is very happy for you, so much so, I could burst into song .... thankfully, I won't.   :D

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 06:37:30 AM »
You are right, with the right car baby cakes can win anything he puts his mind to.
Two things after seeing his picture...
1- He looks more tired than he did after any F1 race
2- Far more importantly, I wonder what he would look like in just the Spanish flag.....  :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Your time is now Abbaman....We all on GPW want to hear you sing Fernando. Come on don't be shy hehe. Now deep breath, in 5,4,3,2,1......

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:55:47 AM »
I took a deep breathe, alas, this surprisingly kicked in a coughing fit, which caused me to hit my keyboard ... keys ... randomly ... and would you believe it, I ended up on the internet, NO! ... to be more specific, I ended up in YouTube, NO! NO! NO! ... to me precise, I ended up ....

... so I apologise, my rendition of 'Fernando' will have to be muted from your entertainment programme this evening!!  (so erect a deckchair, sit back and enjoy the sounds of random racing cars pass you by on a sunny Sunday afternoon!).

Best Regards,

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 12:19:09 PM »
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..... me thinks you don't know the lyrics to Fernando. If this is the case you will be known as 'Abbaman' no more hehe

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »
Hey Abbaman you could have at least used the real thing instead of some advert crap.  :P

From now on you should be called Aberr-man, as in aberration.  :tease:  :D

As for Nando - my didn't he do well!  ;)  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:05:24 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
Oh and a big shout for Pastor Maldonado.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Much has been written about the famous victory by Formula 1 drivers Fernando Alonso and Kamui Kobayashi winning the Rolex 24 at Daytona on Sunday, but not to be overlooked is the great performances by drivers with top-flight experience.

Former Williams and Lotus F1 driver Pastor Maldonado was part of the LMP2 winning #18 DragonSpeed Oreca team, sharing duties with Sebastian Saavedra, Ryan Cullen and Roberto Gonzalez.
The Venezuelan, often parodied for his tendency to crash in Formula 1, impressed his team with his speed and consistency to take top honours, winning the LMP2 class by a handy four laps, with no damage to the #18 Oreca!  :P

Excerts from longer article, courtesy Grandprix247.com, today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 07:02:18 PM »
Hey Abbaman you could have at least used the real thing instead of some advert crap.  :P
I'll call you up on defamation of character soon John!!! ... leave my Abbaman alone, unless you want to sculpture it into "Abba-Man-fred-Man"  :DD

I only opted for the 5-4-3-2-1 commercial, as the ladies love milk tray chocolate bars!!

Best Regards,

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 12:04:17 PM »
Actually Calman it's because the LADY loves Milk Tray. Not being picky just trying to give you the heads up especially with love day looming hehe
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:16:31 PM by Alonsofan »

Offline Calman

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 08:00:11 PM »
Actually Calman it's because the LADY loves Milk Tray. Not being picky just trying to give you the heads up especially with love day looming hehe
I know, I know, I know ... it was a deliberate effort to make my sentence sound "normal" ... with a hint of a famous Roy Walker, so decided to through in a scored out Milk Tray, as chocolate bar was the natural response to the 5-4-3-2-1.   However, you knew that, right? ... and you are just being a naughty nit picker at Abbaman's expense eh?  :DD :DD :DD  :nono: :nono: :nono: ::) ::) ::)

So ... I haven't sang Fernando for you, I haven't told a good joke (in years!!!) ... but I did paint my car, would you like to see it??

Best Regards,

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 08:39:41 PM »
Not nit picking, just there is nothing worse than someone giving you the wrong choccies. Lucky for me my hubby knows what I like  :yahoo: :yahoo:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle