collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 515
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Another chance to see historic F1 at Brands Hatch  (Read 4558 times)

Offline Neil.P

Another chance to see historic F1 at Brands Hatch
« on: June 16, 2007, 09:49:54 AM »
The spectacular amphitheatre of the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit will once again see genuine F1 cars in fierce competition, at the Autoglym HSCC Historic Festival on 30 June and 1 July 2007. The Festival’s headline event is the FIA Historic Formula One Championship, reliving the glory days of F1 from 1966 to 1985. The competing cars are just as they were when driven by such heroes as Gilles Villeneuve, Nigel Mansell and Emerson Fittipaldi.

But it’s not just F1 that makes the Autoglym Historic Festival an unmissable event – there is a full and varied programme of historic racing on BOTH days – and a host of attractions for all the family. Wander round the open paddock and you’ll have the chance to get up close to the cars and drivers in one of the UK’s biggest historic meetings, with classic saloon cars, sports cars and single-seaters in a total of 14 races. As well as the racing, the track will play host to an exhibition of ‘drifting’ – with cars sliding sideways round the circuit at high speeds and extreme angles but all under perfect control. There will also be lunchtime demonstrations from the fabulous Ford GT40 and the chance to see a huge range of much-loved cars from the past.

To keep children amused there’s the Kids’ Super Inflatable Fun City, with all sorts of entertainment for younger visitors: from the largest fun inflatable in Europe to the Jungle Play Centre, Penalty Football Shoot-Out and interactive Basketball. Best of all, the children’s entertainment is free!

Formula Ford and DFV Anniversary

This year is the 40th anniversary of the world’s most successful single-seater formula, started by John Webb, and there will be an amazing array of pre-72 cars competing for the prestigious John Webb Trophy.

1967 also saw the launch of the world-beating Ford DFV F1 engine – the most successful F1 engine of all time, so it’s especially poignant that Historic F1 is returning to Brands Hatch. The sound of some 25 V8 DFVs roaring away as the lights go green promises to be an unforgettable experience.

Whether you prefer the on-track battles, the off-track entertainment, or perhaps simply soaking up the atmosphere of the historic Kent circuit and the free attractions for younger visitors, no one need get bored. It’s an event for the whole family.

For the ultimate viewing experience, why not upgrade your ticket to include admission to the MSV Centre? With specatacular views of the circuit and a cash bar/cafe available, the MSVC upgrade costs just £8 per day or £16 for the weekend.

Event Lineup:
Historic Formula One Championship.
HSCC 70's Road Sports Championship.
HSCC Historic Road Sports Championship.
Sports Racing and GT Championship.
HSCC/HRSR Historic Racing Saloons.
The John Webb Trophy For Formula Fords.
HSCC Classic Racing Cars Championship.
HSCC Classic Formula 3 Championship.
HSCC Derek Bell Trophy Series.
Historic Formula Junior.
BRDC 50s Sports Cars.

£16 in advance, £32 for the weekend or £20 on the gate per day. Just hope the weather's a bit better than last time I tried to go!

Neil.P

Offline Neil.P

Re: Another chance to see historic F1 at Brands Hatch
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »
Any GPWizard members fancy meeting me at this event? :DntKnw:

Neil.P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »

Sounds good to me Neil, What day was you thinking of going?

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 10:59:36 PM »
Hi Wizard, I'll be going on the Sunday, I reckon it'll be a good day out!
I'm not sure what time the racing starts, I'll have a search about, if and when I find any more info I'll stick it up here!

*I've just noticed this clashes with the French Grand Prix, let me know what you think Wizard. I'm not sure whats happening there on  Saturday*
Cheers
Neil.P

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »
Hi Wiz, I'm definitely going on the Sunday, theres chance I might get to do a few parade laps in the morning you see.
Just found a good deal for tickets on the newsshopper website!

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/resources/autoglym07/newsshopper.asp?&msvcode=newsshopper

Neil.P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 04:24:10 PM »

Cheers Neil,

Mrs Wiz informs me its the Father-in- Laws Birthday on Sunday so I will have to check out whats happening on Saturday.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 07:18:23 PM »
OK Wizard! :good:

Neil.P

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 07:05:49 PM »
Guess what!!!!

I've just seen the weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday... Not good at all!!! >:D

Neil.P

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 06:48:32 PM »
I've given up on this one, I'm not going in the blinkin' rain ::) >:D

Neil.P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 09:12:09 PM »

Me too I'm sorry to say, I had even convinced Mrs Wiz that it was a good idea for me to go. What a waste of 4 days of grovelling, house work and being romantic!  :(

Wizzo

Offline johnbull

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 09:22:04 PM »

Me too I'm sorry to say, I had even convinced Mrs Wiz that it was a good idea for me to go. What a waste of 4 days of grovelling, house work and being romantic!   :(

That's funny. Sounds just like me. :-[ :-[ :-[
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 09:49:45 PM »
LOL Wizard :crazy:

Neil.P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle